Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Rain{Bows} from My Sister's Suitcase

Friday, May 25, 2012

Rain{Bows} from My Sister's Suitcase

Happy Bloggy Birthday Adrienne!! Nat and Holly here from My Sister's Suitcase. Adrienne is a great friend and one of our very first blog followers! We are excited to be here to celebrate with her today. We're sharing a tutorial for one of our favorite EASY hairbows for the darling girls in your life...
The "mini" felt bow.
Aren't they cute?


We started making these bows about a year ago when we found this awesome tutorial from Natty By Design. {You may also remember them from my Kite Wall Art.}
Ever since, I have wanted to make them for my little girl {who is just getting enough hair to wear ponytails!} In order to get the shape and size I wanted for these "mini" bows, I needed to start from scratch and make my own pattern. Here's what I came up with:
Once you have your pattern printed and cut out, these are the other materials you'll need:
  • felt {in desired colors}
  • scissors
  • 2 pins
  • hot glue
  • mini bobby pins
Here's what I did:
{1} Pin the paper pattern to felt {2} Cut out all your bow shapes and a small strip of each color for the "center" of the bow {3} Fold the ends together, (one will slightly overlap the other) and {4} glue them together {5} Pinch center of the bow together, then {6} wrap the small piece around the center and pull tight. {7} Use the bobby pin to hold it together on the back of the bow. (This works great to keep it tight around the center until you are ready to glue!) Carefully glue the center piece down and trim any excess felt. Then (leaving the bobby pin in place), add a small drop of glue to the back of the bobby pin on each side to secure it to the felt. {8} Your "mini" felt bow is finished! And it's dang cute!! These are so easy, anyone can make them, I promise :) My sis, Nat, came up with the idea to make a set of these bows for her niece's 1st birthday, and thought it would be cute to do a rainbow of bows! She's so creative! Here are the colors we used:
Look how darling they turned out in our rain{bow} pacakging...
 Do you want a copy of this rain{bow} tag printable?
Head over to our blog and download it for free. Nat's cool like that. We're not requiring anything to download it, but it would be a super awesome blogiversary present to Adrienne if you follow her blog or like her on facebook first :)
Oh, and we're also giving away a set of these rain{bows} as part of her Bloggy Birthday Giveaway, so don't forget to enter! Happy Happy 1st year of blogging my friend, we hope you have many more to come! Thanks for having us!!
Birthday Giveaway
Want to see the Prize Package??? Check Here

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for having us today! Hope you have a fun trip this weekend :) Maybe we should meet up at Hobby Lobby tomorrow.... haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so sweet, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving these! We're having a Hello Kitty party for my daughter...so this will be an easy favor...looks like I need more felt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this amazing pattern! I am going to make some of these tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so stinking cute! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these! My granddaughters will love themt oo!! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute and great for gifts. What kind of bag did you use to for the packaging.
    Thanks so much for all your great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have loved these felt bows since you first posted them and am finally getting around to making them! But, where did you get the plastic bag for the packaging??
    Thanks for the pattern & printable tag!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had the same question as LisaC, actually. My daughter's having a rainbow themed birthday party and these are perfect favors. Where can I find the packaging that you used? Thanks for the pattern and the tag as well!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...