Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Nautical Bracelets + Life's a Beach Round Up

Friday, July 12, 2013

Nautical Bracelets + Life's a Beach Round Up

July's Blog Hop
Life's a Beach!
8 Blogs 8 Awesome "Beachy" Ideas

 I love this time of year the weather's warm and the kids are out of school and for a few months the world seems to slow down a bit...And so with that being said we figured since all of us are land locked and dreaming of being at the beach; we'd  use our crafty skillz to bring a little beach ambiance to our landlocked homes and lives. So if you too are wishing and dreaming of being at the beach, but can't join our club and enjoy our "Beachy" best!  Better yet pull up a seat, but your feet in a kiddie pool and grab an ice cold drink of your personal preference and cool off with these refreshing ideas. 


8 Blogs 8 Awesome "Beachy" ideas that will rock your world!!!

Stop by and visit all my AMAZING Bloggy friends and check out how the Beach has inspired them!! 

1. Emily of The Benson Street 
2. Adrienne of Free Time Frolics
3. Ashley of Flats to Flip Flops
4. Rebecca of The Crafted Sparrow
5. Andie of Maybe I Will
6. Melissa of Hollyhocks & Honeybees
7. Candice of She's Crafty 
8. Kaylnn of Among the Young




Isn't that round up amazing.  These are some talented bloggers!
So to get started with my tutorial for Nautical Bracelets. These are super simple and quick to make.

  For the navy square knot bracelet you will need about 18 inches of cotton rope. 



Now you have 2 loops with bracelets finding on each end. Lay your loops on top of each other with the ends away from each other. Pull the Charm ends through the loops opposite of each other. 
Pull knot tight and you are ready to go. 

 For the anchor bracelet I started with 1 yard of rope I found in the trim section at Joanns. I also got an anchor and 3 silver beads with a large center opening.

Cut your rope in half. Fold one section in half and loop through the charm.  Then loop the ends through the center hole.  Do the same for the bottom of the anchor.

Next put ends of the rope through one bead.  one set going through one end and the others through the other side. Add a bead to each end and tie a knot at each end.
The center bead keeps your bracelet tight on your wrist.


4 comments:

  1. These are Darling!! I've always wanted to learn how to do bracelets. I'm going to have to give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this! I am putting together a roundup of beachy crafts and I'd love to include this. If you'd prefer I didn't include it, please email me at nancy(dot)verly(at)gmail(dot)com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the knot bracelet. Looks simple too!
    Melissa
    www.lovebugliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so fun! I'm a big fan of arm candy, so I'm pinning this for later :)

    I would love it if you would link up at Martha Mondays, open now through Wednesday night!

    http://www.watchoutmartha.net/2013/07/martha-mondays-link-up-party-features_28.html

    ~Amanda
    www.watchoutmartha.net

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...