Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Embroidery Hoop Bunny Door Decor

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Embroidery Hoop Bunny Door Decor


Embroidery Hoop Burlap Bunny Door decor via www.freetimefrolics.com #bunny #decor #easter


This Spring I wanted something a little different on my door. I love bunnies and it just happens to bee the season.  So I found some embroidery hoops and Burlap at Joanns and went to town.  I made my bunny for less than $5!  Not to bad for  door hanging Peter cottontail! He was super easy to make and took about an hour. So lets get started!



Supplies:
2 embroidery hoop. different sizes
1/3 yard burlap- more if your hoop is larger than 12 inches.
fabric scraps
Glue gun
electrical tape
cream or white yarn for pom pom

1. Tape your hoops together.  I used electrical tape because it had a little give in the stretch.  Tape them with the tightening screws facing out so you can get your burlap in.
2. Start with the bottom burlap. Just add like you normally would.  Make sure your fabric is in tight.
3. Add burlap to the top hoop.
4. Trim your edges and hot glue the frayed burlap to the hoop. Cut a 6-8 inch rectangle.  Cut down the center about half way and then shape to loop like ears. Pull the bottom edges together and bunch up to make bunny ears and attach them to the hoop.

Add your embellishments and you are all done. I added a few rosettes for the ears and a matching neck bow.  Then a pom pom for the tail.
Embroidery hoop bunny with burlap www.freetimefrolics.com

Use your bunny on a door or mantel with your Easter decor.  

3 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! This would be easy for my kiddos to help me with too! Very creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! That is so stinkin' cute! I love it!! I might have to make this for my grandkids. Kathleen @ Fearlessly Creative Mammas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! LOVE that! I'm kind of going crazy about embroidery hoop things lately. Just made a little ribbon thingy with it last night. :) Anyway, that turned out great. I especially love the little pom pom tail.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...