Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Meet this Mormon

Friday, October 10, 2014

Meet this Mormon

#meetthismormon #MeettheseMormons #meettheMormons
We belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints otherwise known as "The Mormons". We are proud of this part of who we are! We are excited to team up with over 65+ of us strong... to extend an invitation to see a film. A film entitled "Meet The Mormons". This film is not meant to be an "in your face" - you must join our church film. It is simply designed and produced to uplift and inspire you through six stories of those of our faith who have followed promptings to follow Christ more fully in their lives. We hope you take the opportunity to enjoy this film. We hope your hearts are made light as you feel the goodness that comes from following our Christ and Savior. All proceeds from the film will be donated to The American Red Cross. So not only will you be uplifted and inspired, your money will be going to an amazing charity!!


  We also would like to take a moment and share our personal testimonies, stories of our own personal conversions, and our own stories of how following our Savior, Jesus Christ has changed our lives. The light of the gospel of Jesus Christ offers a joy and hope that only following him can provide. We hope as you click through and read our stories and testimonies of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, you will feel uplifted and encouraged. We are by you! We love connecting with our readers, that is why many of us do what we do! Please be kind and considerate in your comments. It takes great bravery for us to open our hearts and our mouths to share with you such a tender and personal part of who we are. We share because we feel strongly the need to share the peace and the hope that is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Usually my blog is filled with sewing, ideas or recipes.  I rarely share my life and story.  But today is different.
Today I am sharing a piece of me with the world.  A piece that few people know about me. 

 I am a Wife, a Mother, a Sister, an Aunt, a Granddaughter, a Great Granddaughter, a Friend but most of all I am a Daughter of God.  I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. 

18 Years ago I was prompted to go home to my family.  At the time I was getting ready to start my Senior year in college.  I had quit my job to focus on my studies and enjoy my last year of college.  
I felt the prompting but decided to stay at my apartment and attend church the next day.
The next day came and again, I felt prompted to go home to my family.  They were only 2 hours away and I didn't see the purpose in going home.  So I decided I would stay the night at my apartment and make the drive home the next morning. 

Monday morning came and I packed up my car with all my dirty laundry and started the 2 hour drive.  The drive was uneventful and quiet. Just me and my tape deck.  I decided to go straight to my grandparents home.  Since it was Monday morning my Dad would be at work.  I could enjoy sometime time with my grandmother and just relax. 

I arrived about 10:30 in the morning. Just in time for "Tab" time. Tab time at grannies house was the mid morning break where we would stop for 10 minutes from morning chores and work to enjoy a Tab (Granny's favorite soda) or Pepsi.  We all sat down together and enjoyed our soda and a small snack before we got back to getting the chores done.  Kind of Old school but I love it.  To this day I still look at the clock around 10 am and think of  "Tab Time" and my Grandmother and get myself a snack.
Me and my Granny
After finishing "Tab Time" I started helping my granny.  They were adding onto their home and there was dust everywhere. Granny had surgery on her eyes the Friday before and couldn't do a whole lot so I pitched in and helped her do a little house work.  

30 minutes after arriving my Dad showed up at the door. He looked at me, and with relief he said "I am so glad you are here.  I didn't want to make this phone call."  Having no idea what he was talking about I looked at his face.  He had been crying.  Sensing something was very wrong, I asked a question I didn't want the answer to...

My Dad looked at me and simply stated."Tyson was on his motorcycle heading into the canyon. There was a head on collision and Tyson was killed."  

I could not believe what I was hearing.  My brother, my younger brother was gone.  He had begun his senior year in High school.  Just 17 years old.  He was loved by everyone at school. Everyone! He was charismatic, good with his hands, funny and pretty handsome.  He had long straight blond hair parted right down the middle. We use to tease him that he had a "Butt" cut.  He liked it. He didn't care what others thought. He was his own person.  I admired this about my brother.
The thought began. 
  
If I had listened to the prompting I had received, would there be a different outcome?  
What were the last things I said to him?
 It had been three weeks since I had seen him last. We had gone as a family to the Mt. Timpanogos Temple open house. A big deal in my family since I was one of the few active members of my family in the LDS church.
Did he leave this earth knowing that I loved him? 


And now he was gone... Gone from a place where I could not see his smile or hear his laugh. 

The days that followed were hard. Days filled with Pain, regret and What if's.

His body was badly damaged. It was recommended that we, as a family did not see him.  I chose to remember him as he was, not the broken body that was laid to rest. 

The funeral came. And the support in the community was amazing.  People we didn't know filled the church house to over flowing.  Several hundred came to pay there respects the night before and the morning of the funeral.  Tyson was truly loved by all. 

I was grateful I have the knowledge of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ to help me though this difficult trial. I knew I would see my brother again.

This story doesn't end.  Life resumed around us without even realizing it was moving on.  I went back to school. Finished my senior year and I moved home.  I found work and began to live my adult life. I traveled the world and found the person I will spend the rest of eternity with and had a couple of babies. 
But my family still struggled with Tyson''s death. Each one in different ways.

My brother, Jared, did not cope so well with Tyson's death. They were just 15 months apart and were best of friends.   He struggled to know why Tyson was gone.  He struggled with demons beyond my understanding. 

He turned to drugs. Heroin was his drug of choice. But anythings was better than nothing. Anything that would stop the pain.

He did not have the testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  He did not understand how Heavenly Father needed Tyson more than we did. 

His drug addiction got worse. The anxiety too.  Until one day it was enough.  Just 3 days after Christmas a friend found him lying on a bed, barely breathing.  He was rushed to the hospital where he suffered 2 Heart attacks, Liver failure, Kidney failure, compartments syndrome and other medical issues from an unintentional drug overdose.

The doctors told us they were doing everything they could, but did not give us much hope.

But he survived. 

Living in a drug induced coma to help his body heal. Some days were like a roller coaster. not knowing what would happen next.

He woke up just a month later and started rehabilitation. He did well for a while.  He was trying to get off the drugs.  But his demons and despair were to much for his broken heart. 

9 Months later, while working on recovery, his heart stopped in the night.

His roommate found him... Lifeless.

He died just 8 years and one day after Tyson had died. 

My family died a little more inside that day. No parent should loose a child so young.   
Mine had lost 2.

His funeral was filled with sorrow and sadness.  But a little part of me was happy for him.  Happy that he was free. Free from the demons that haunted him. 
Happy that he had been reunited with Tyson.   

I share my story of my brothers because of what I learned about the gospel of Jesus Christ from those experiences. Families can be together forever. We can be sealed in the temple for time and all eternity.  And if we don't have the opportunity in this life to accept the gospel of Jesus Christ, we can hear it, learn it and accept it in the life to come. My brothers are spirit missionaries. Learning and teaching those who have passed on. 

  I learned that there is more to this life than just living and dying. We each have unique experiences to test us in this life. To teach each other, to serve others, to gain knowledge and to share our Creative Talents.

I believe each one of us has a personal testimony of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  Each is individual and different than anyone else. This is what I know and believe...

 I have been blessed in this life to raise and teach 4 little Humans.

 Each of them with Unique talents and trials. I love them for their perfections and imperfections. I love how they teach me to be more patient, more loving and more selfless. My Heavenly Father has given me the blessing and opportunity and responsibility to be a Mother. Not only to my own children but to the youth of the church that I serve. 

I have been blessed with incredible talents to share with my family and to serve others. 

I have been blessed with the knowledge of Eternal Families. The man I have married is to be mine through eternity. We are sealed as family to live together for all Eternities. This life is not end.

I know of the love our Savior, Jesus Christ has for each one of us.  He atoned for our sins that we may live with Him and our Heavenly Father again.  

I know that the Holy Ghost is my constant companion and protector.  I am never alone. He guides me and directs me when I am willing to listen to his still small voice. He will not lead me astray.

I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God.  He restore the gospel of Jesus Christ to the earth. And helped to bring the Book of Mormon to this earth for all to savor and enjoy. I know this is true. 
I know that our current church President, Thomas S. Monson presides over the church with all the keys of the Priesthood. 

I know that I am free to choose the life that I want.  I want the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I am grateful for this knowledge of the restored gospel.   

I know that my brothers live on.  They live in my heart and in the hearts of those who knew them. They live in the faces of my children.  I see them everyday.  I feel them watching over me and my family. They live in heaven with my family who have gone before me. 

They live on through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  
I am grateful for this knowledge that I will be with my brothers again. That I will have my family in heaven and that they are watching over me.  

I know the love my Savior has for me with all my Heart.  He is my brother and friend.  This is the testimony I share with you today.

If you would like to know more about what I believe please check out www.Mormon.org. Or leave a comment and ask me a question.  I would be happy to point you in the right direction.
Check out the new Meet the Mormons motion picture out today in select movie theaters!

To read the testimonies and stories of other members like me Click on the links below! 

I'm A Mormon #1
Anita | Live Like You Are Rich, Landee | Landee Lu , Tara & Devin | Salt & Pepper Moms , Mallory & Savannah | Classy Clutter Kelli & Kristi| Lolly Jane
McKenzie | Girl Loves Glam , Pam & Lisa | Over The Big Moon , Melanie | Forty Eighteen , Sky | Capital B Adell | Baked in Arizona
I'm a Mormon #2
Andie | Maybe I Will , Shatzi | Love and Laundry , Robyn | Create it Go , Rachel | R & R Workshop
Tiffany | Feel Great In 8 , Katelyn | What Up Fagens? , Brittany | BrittanyBullen , Ginger | Ginger Snap Crafts , Stephanie | Crafting In The Rain
Chelsey | Cee Me Be , Amber | Crazy Little Projects , Kallie | Smitten By, Elyse, Kristen, Lauren, Steph, Kendra & Camille | Six Sisters Stuff Annette | Tips From A Typical Mom
Kierste | Simply Kierste , Tayler | The Morrell Tale, Jennifer | My Daylights , Cambria | Live To Be Inspired, Danielle | Today's The Best Day
I'm a Mormon #3
Nat & Holly | My Sister's Suitcase, Britni| Play.Party.Pin , Montserrat | Cranial Hiccups , Heidi | A Lively Hope , Ashley & Meegan | Flats to Flip Flops



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...