Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Love Me Pretty {Creativity}

Friday, September 13, 2013

Love Me Pretty {Creativity}

A few weeks ago I shared this post over at Flats to Flip Flops.  The theme for the month was "Pretty me". basically different bloggers shared what made them feel pretty.  Here the post I shared.  For more on Ashley's Pretty Me Series check out her blog.
When most people think of  "pretty me" they probably think of fashion or self image. Over the course of the month you have read  about women who are promoting positive self image, taking care of your body, positive affirmations, motherhood and more to feel pretty. For me, some of that is true. But even more for me is the the feeling I get from Creating.  It gives me a sense of self worth and a feeling of accomplishment.

As someone who creates I don't hold myself to just one medium.  I love creating on my computer, in the kitchen and my sewing machine. I create for the joy of creating and the solace of my thoughts when I create. When I create I feel my heart and my soul come together to make something beautiful! A calmness comes over me and I feel amazing!
A few of my creations!
Even as a child I would sit up to my moms sewing machine and make doll clothes, pillowcases, and drawstring bags for fun. For extra income my mother would make porcelain dolls.  She did everything, sewing bodies and dresses, pouring the molds and painting the faces.  You could usually find me stuffing bodies and wiring arms and legs to the bodies. 
As time has gone by I have have jumped from one thing to another. But always felt that need to create.
"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the Human soul." D. Uchtdorf

Do you feel it to?  Your need to create may not be the same as mine but the need is there.  Watch the video below.  I don't think anyone could put my feelings to words better.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...