Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Soft Ginger Molasses Cookies {Recipe}

Friday, August 16, 2013

Soft Ginger Molasses Cookies {Recipe}

One of my favorite cookies were the soft molasses cookies they use to sell in the bag with the white icing on top.  As a kid we didn't get them very often, but I loved it when we did.  Over the years they were harder to find.  So when I was visiting Pennsylvania several years ago I visited an Amish Bakery.  They had the most amazing baked goods! I was so excited when I found the Molasses cookies!  I savored each bite!  When I got home I searched for a recipe that would be similar to that amazing flavor I loved. I finally found one.  This recipe makes the most amazing soft ginger molasses cookies.  They come out of the oven crispy on the outside and soft in the middle.  I dare say they are even better the next day!



Print this recipe
 Here is how you make these delicious cookies~
1C. Butter
1C. Brown Sugar
1C. Sugar
1/2 C. Molasses (See my tip below**)
2 Eggs
4c. Flour 
3tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Ginger
2 tsp. Cinnamon

1/4 C. sugar for rolling dough in
 Cream together Sugars and Butter. Add Molasses** and Eggs. Cream all together.  Add seasoning and mix. Add Flour last one cup at a time. Roll into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar. Bake at 350* for 10 minutes.

**I love to bake! One tip I have learned is when I am using honey, corn syrup or Molasses try spraying your measuring cup first with baking spray.  Your ingredient will slip right out to the measuring cup without a mess!


2 comments:

  1. Who doesn't love molasses cookies!?!? This looks delicious! We'd love for you to come over to our newest link party over at The Inspiration Network: DELISH- a desserts only link party. Bring your desserts and let's party!!
    http://theinspiration-network.com/delish-dessert-link-party-no-1/

    Smiles,
    Melanie and Diana
    The Inspiration Network

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so yummy! What a great Fall treat

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...