Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Cinnamon Bear Popcorn {Recipe}

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Cinnamon Bear Popcorn {Recipe}



Lets start with a little story from the past.  When I was pregnant with my oldest I had crazy cravings. I would crave steak, orange juice, watermelon and cinnamon bears.  I just couldn't get enough. Now I have always likes these food but pregnancy took them to a whole new level.  I think we ate steak 4 times a week.  Watermelon and orange juice were always in the fridge and the cinnamon bears... Well my husband did his best to keep them out of the house.  
One evening we were driving home from the in-laws when I said to him, "Hey stop at the store, I want cinnamon bear."  He did not want to stop.  He was bent on not stopping.  To say that we got into a tiff was an understatement.  
Now every woman knows and so does my husband know. When you have a craving you need to eat it!  Any usually its not the whole bag or carton. Just a few bites or an handful of the treat.  
So I threatened him.  I told him even if he wouldn't stop I would get into my own car when we got home and go get them myself.  So he stopped! (small victory!!) I grabbed my bag of cinnamon bears and ate a handful the rest of the way home.  I was a happy girl with a happy fetus inside.  
Ever since then I have always loved cinnamon.  Bears, chocolate covered ones or chewy cinnamon in any shape!  

So a few weeks ago when  a friend gave me this amazing cinnamon popcorn for my birthday.  It tasted wonderful. And I was in love! My dad happened to be here and we went to the Popcorn shop and got a second bag for him.  The flavor was awesome.  So I set out to find a recipe that I could make my self. I found a bunch online that used red hots.  But I couldn't find any red hots at the store to I had to improvise.   I decided I would use Cinnamon bears instead.  The result, cinnamon popcorn with chewy cinnamon bears in every bite.  So today I thought I would share my easy recipe with you on how to make Cinnamon Bear Popcorn!
Cinnamon Bear Popcorn Recipe
1/2 C.  Butter
1/2 C. Corn Syrup
1 t. Cinnamon oil
20 Cinnamon Bears Chopped

Chop up your cinnamon bears.  They really don't melt that well unless you chop them and your mixture is extremely hot. 
Place the butter, corn syrup and cinnamon bears into a pot.  Bring them to a simmer. Allowing the bears to begin to melt.  I let mine simmer about 8 minutes.  Add your oil.  You can add a little more if you like it really hot. 
Pour your mixture over 4-5 cups of popcorn. Coat popcorn and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.  Bake at 200 degrees for 15 minutes turning popcorn every 5 minutes.
Let it cool for 30 min then break up in to smaller chunks. Store in an air tight bag for up to a week. 

Moral of the story give your wife what she craves.  She is being crafty and growing a baby. She deserves it!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...