Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Japanese Chicken & Ham Fried Rice

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Japanese Chicken & Ham Fried Rice

This is one of my family's favorite meals.  Everyone eats it.  Which is rare in my house.  Satisfying 6 people at the same time is hard work.  But this meal is awesome.  I even had a friends children over and they ate it.  Probably some of the pickiest kids ever.  They loved it.  I was so proud and there mama was thrilled! So I thought I would share it with the blog world.




Japanese Chicken and Ham fried rice

Cut and dice chicken into about 1 inch pieces (set aside)

Beat 1 egg in a bowl (set aside)

Place 1 cup of flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper  
in a plastic bag.

Take your chicken, dip it into the egg then into the flour mixture and coat the chicken.

Brown the chicken in a hot skillet with butter.

After Browning place in a baking dish.

Sauce:
1/2 C. Vinegar
1 tsp. Salt
3Tlbs. Water
1/3 C. Soy sauce
1 C. Sugar

Stir ingredients until sugar has dissolved.  Pour over browned chicken. Cover with foil and
Bake at 350* for 30 minutes.

Rice

2C of your favorite rice cooked
1/2 cup frozen peas
1 carrot shredded
1 egg beaten
Fried Rice Mix
Soy sauce to taste

In a pan heat 1 tbls oil. Pour in egg and begin cooking.  Once egg is about half way cooked add rice, peas and carrots.  Stir together. Add fried rice mix and soy sauce.



A yummy sweet and savory chicken complimented with ham fried rice.  My kiddos love this stuff.  Everyone is happy around the dinner table on Japanese Chicken night.  I hope your family loves it too!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, my mouth is watering! I am going to try it this week :) I haven't talked to you in a few days... how are you? Let's chat soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...