Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Fitness Ridge Resort Review

Friday, October 3, 2014

Fitness Ridge Resort Review

A few weeks ago I had an amazing opportunity to go to Fitness Ridge Ranch! Have you seen this place??  It is amazing.  At first I was hesitant to go.  I workout and I try to eat well but I really don't have my whole heart in it.  So when the opportunity came I took and decided I wanted to make a change in my life!  Here is a little bit about Fitness Ridge!



 Doesn't it look amazing? I can tell you the pictures just don't do it justice.

So today I am going to share my experience at the Resort and why I would do it again!!

Upon arriving at the Resort you are greeted by a few amazing people.  The facility is beautiful and comfortable!  You are given your binder, room key, name tag  and schedule for the week. Because you check in on a Sunday you can just take you time and get to know the people and facility.  Find your room and settle in.  Men and women who were staying multiple weeks were visiting around the pool, hot tub and workout rooms.  The gym and pool are open 24 hours so you can get your
 workout on whenever you want! 


The rooms are comfortable with all the amenities except a mini bar but that was to be expected! Down comforters, laundry baskets and toiletries were just a few of the little gems I appreciated int he room!

I started my Sunday with getting settled and went to have my weigh in. Just to get a baseline. They tell you all about your body fat, weight, metabolism, water and muscle.  They help you figure out who much muscle you need to build, how much fat you need to loose and how your body can help you do it all. 

Later that day I met my fellow Fit camp attendees at a wonderful dinner!  I was excited to see  so many people like me.  Looking or better health and fitness in their lives.  We enjoys a delicious dinner of Parmesan Chicken over spaghetti squash and asparagus!  It was divine. I think it was my favorite dish of the week! 
chicken-parmesan-recipe
Each day we started out day with morning stretch.  I love morning stretch, my body loved it! Always be good to your body!  I wish I could have a morning stretch session every morning. 
Next up was Breakfast!  The most important meal of the day.  At the resort you have a few options for breakfast.  My choice was the Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Protien smoothie with scrambled eggs.  I love this breakfast.  Now that I am home I am making it for my kids and my self every morning. The perfect start to your day and full of the perfect kind of calories!

CHOCK SHAKE
Next up on the day....Hiking!  I was there for the perfect weather.  We hiked everyday.  What a great workout.  You would never know you are burning a 1000 calories per hike! It was amazing!



Every time we took a break we had a photo shoot.  So many amazing pictures of amazing people.  These men and women touched my heart and changed me for the better!
After hiking we enjoyed classes on health and wellness. 
After which was lunch. Lunch at Fitness Ridge always started with a delicious soup.  My favorite was Lentil soup.  I had never had it before. So I was a bit skeptical.  It was delicious!

After Lunch were more health and Fitness classes.  We end the day with one last stretch class.  Which feels amazing!  I wish I could start every morning and evening with stretch.  
Each day was the same with wonderful food, great fitness classes and motivation to make better choices.

But most of all what makes Fitness Ridge the most amazing place on earth is the people and their stories.
These people I met...They are amazing.  They come to the Resort for 1 week to multiple weeks.  They are doctors, lawyers, engineers, stay at home moms and so much more. I want to share with you a little bit about some of these ladies and there stories.

Meet the Bat sisters!

These two ladies are so funny.  When sharing who they were one of the sisters shared how she had lost 225 pounds in a weekend. (aka dumb boyfriend) Since the tickets were already purchased to come to Fitness Ridge she brought her sister! Both were looking to make some healthy changes in there busy, successful lives! 
These two were so positive and fun to be around. We laughed and talked throughout the day.  I loved visiting with them. The stories of there lives are amazing.  Both are single and happy. These two are such a great support to each other and there Mom.  

Meet Nectar & Michelle.

These two ladies are amazing!  They came to the resort looking to change.  Lose weight, be healthy.  Nectar came wanting to change her life for the good. After getting out of a bad relationship she wanted a new jump start on her new life.  Changing her lifestyle for her and her daughter.  To be around and watch her daughter grow up and have an amazing life.


Here is what Nectar had to say about her stay at Fitness Ridge...

" I learned two big lessons that have already altered my life.

One is that what you eat is critical to weight loss and health. 

MORE important than killing yourself at the gym. Note the 

Turkey Bacon and snack bags of fruit and veggies ready for 

the week! The other is that managing your weight is a 

marathon not a sprint. Doing some movement everyday is 

better than nothing ( I watched Castle last night and walked 

in place the entire time! 3 miles!!!). Don't be a slave to the 

scale and keep your spirits up. Meeting the awesome people 

I did at FR continues to encourage me everyday."Nectar

We were hiking buddies.  Just about everyday we set out on a new adventure through the red rock.  We share our lives, what we believed, and our struggles in life. 
 This woman is one amazing lady. She works full time, raises her adopted daughter and strives to li. 

This is Michelle.  She is a Feisty 50 something lady! When Nectar was looking to come to Fitness Ridge, Michelle jumped on board. She wanted to start of her 60's healthier.  So she bought a ticket and packed her bags. Michelle was gung ho for whatever was thrown at her.  She hiked and exercised pretty hard.  I was way impressed with her stamina.  She taught me that you can change your life for the better at any age!

Next up are Mandi and  Julie

This mother daughter duo cam to the resort to spend a little time together before college takes miss Mandi away and to learn some healthy habits to take home with them.  Julie started coming to Fitness Ridge last summer, as a way to take some time for herself and get healthier.  Once she was there she fell in love with Fitness Ridge and knew she needed to bring her girls.  So a few weeks later she brought her older daughter for a week and then Mandi. 
Mandi is an adorable 19 year old who was just in for a great week with her mom but she got so much more from the experience.  She is as flexible as they come.  Mandi was diagnosed with a brain tumor a few years ago.  Though it was removed she is still having a few problems.  She is even more adorable than her picture. I loved her positive attitude and zest for Life.   Here is a little of what Mandi got from her experience!

"I learned that being healthy is life-long commitment.

Choosing to be healthy IS work, but so worth it overall for 

our minds, bodies, and spirits! If we take just a little step 

each day to change for the better, then we are being 

successful!" Mandi T.


I love these ladies for the things they taught me.  I loved spending time with them hiking, meal time and exercising. We still stay in contact through text and Facebook.  Sending photos and positive messages  to each other.
  

I truly love these women.  They inspire me to be better everyday.
Fitness Ridge is an amazing experience.  I would totally do it again.  Check out my post next week  for the 10 things I learned while at the Resort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...