Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Ombre Curtain

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Ombre Curtain

As part of my Crap room to Craft room Redo I needed a window treatment. 
I wansted something that let the light in but covered the blinds when they are raised.
A short valance it is!
To add a littel flair, I went Ombre Style.
White to Pink. Perfect for my turquoise walls.




I started with 4 color strips. White, Pastel pink, Med pink, Hot pink.
About 5 x 90 inches each.


 I cut 1 piece of canvas the width of my window x 12 inches.
From the bottom I measured up 2 inches and drew a line across the width of the canvas.
Next measure 3.5 inches and draw another line. Repeat 2 more times. 


Next hem along 1 long edge of each color. Bast stitch along the raw edge.


Pull your basting string to gather your fabric strips.


 Lay your bottom fabric on to canvas. Pin one fabric strip to edge of canvas matching
up drawn line with raw edge.Pull basting thread from end until it lines up with edge of canvas.

Sew strips down with a zig zag stitch. Repeat for remaining strips.

For the rod pocket, I cut a strip 3 inches by width of curtain.
I laid the strip on top of the curtain.
(make a sandwich:canvas, strip canvas)
Stitch along edge to sew layers together.
I folded the 3 inch canvas up and around to the back.
Then to stitch rod pocket down I did a stitch in the ditch. 
(This means you sitich in the folded over seam. You generally will not even see the seam.) 


Hang it up and your done.


I love the way mine turned out.  It is the perfect size and color for my room.



Next up Ribbon Redo!


16 comments:

  1. Such pretty curtains. It looks so whimsical and delicate. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do make the room look quite pretty with out being overly frilly. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! Makes me wish I had a girl to make curtains for. So pretty and frilly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them... Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really sweet! I'm thinking of making a tablecloth similar . . . but a little scared! :)Your curtain turned out wonderful!
    Holly @ Lifeasathrifter.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! I needed an idea for my bathroom and I might do this! Thanks for sharing! Yours turned out so cute! I am your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! This idea would make an adorable ruffle bedskirt too. Hmmmm... I'd love it if you'd share this at my Show & Tell party, going on now @ the Delectable Home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute, cute! I can see this working in my craft room, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very feminine! I love them!! I would love it if you went to my first link party and posted these! :) I am your newest follower.

    http://littlebeckyhomecky.blogspot.com/2012/02/fantabulous-friday-1-random-happenings.html

    Katie @ Little Becky Homecky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! I'm loving the ombre style right now.. I have my own ideas for a little project I'm going to work on this weekend! I'm definitely going to be following you from now on.. I'd love for you to check out my blog too..

    Bringingbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like these. These give me some ideas on how to jazz up all the mini blinds we have in this apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this! what a fun idea! ruffles and ombre... does it get any better?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty! I love the ombre effect - you've done a beautiful job :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It came out beautiful!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!! I hope you will share with us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really appreciate with what you have written on this blog about window curtains.

    Upholstery

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...