Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: DIY Knobby Necklace

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

DIY Knobby Necklace

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to guest post over at My Sisters Suitcase.  So here is the post I shared.  Remember the Knobby Necklace??  When I posted it I was in a hurry and didn't have time to get up the tutorial on how I made it.  So now I am going to share.

To start you need to gather your supplies.
1 cabinet knob
chain (I used 2 different ones.  1 large, 1 small)
3-4 beads
wire
Bead caps- for 2 for each bead
Tools needed: wire cutters, round tipped wire pliers

Next watch this You Tube Video on how to Wrap beads.  She makes is look easy.  And very detailed.
Start with wrapping your beads.  You can wrap them directly onto your chain or wrap them and then open the links to your chain and connect them.  Don't forget to add your bead caps.

Next your chain. I measured how long I want my necklace. Usually around 30 inches or so. I do my small chain about 24 inches and my large chain about 6 inches or so. Do whatever you like best. Link them together.

For my knob I used this pink one.  Which ever you choose it has to have a hole all the way through.  I found this knob on Mindy Maes Market.  I have also seen some at Hobby Lobby.
This particular one was dark on the top so I covered it in a little glitter glue and added a filigree flat.
I let it dry for an hour or so. Then wire it like you would any other bead and attach it to the chain.

Next your chain. I measured how long I want my necklace.  Usually around 30 inches or so.  I do my small chain about 24 inches and my large chain about 6 inches or so.  Do whatever you like best. Link them together.



Linking up too:
Visit thecsiproject.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...