Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Hot Drinks on Cold Winter Nights: Hot chocolate & Wassail Recipes

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Hot Drinks on Cold Winter Nights: Hot chocolate & Wassail Recipes



Over the years I have tried and tested many recipes for Hot cocoa and Wassail. With the holidays around the corner I thought it would be fun to share my favorite hot drinks for those cold winter nights, snowman making, or Christmas caroling.  First up is my favorite creamy hot cocoa mix just the way we like it!



Mix together:
1 C. Dutch Cocoa
2.5 C. Powdered Milk
2 C. Coffee creamer
2 C. Powdered sugar
1 T. Corn Starch
1 Pinch Cayenne Pepper
1t. Salt
Mix together all ingredients.  I like to mix mine in my food processor.  It makes the mixture nice and smooth!
To make Cocoa, Mix 1 cup hot water with 3 T. mix. 

To flavor just add your favorite candy or mix in! candy canes, Whip Cream, Andes Mints, or flavored creamer. 
For a fun neighbor gift add some cocoa mix to a cute jar and add a lable!

For my Wassail recipe I wanted something lite and delicious. Lite Cran-apple Wassail

2c. Apple Juice
 2c. Cranberry juice
2c. Orange juice
1/4 c. pineapple juice
5 whole cloves
1 cinnamon sticks

Pour all ingredients into crock pot and simmer
Serve hot and garnish with an orange wedge and cranberries

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...