Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup-cakes

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup-cakes


Okay so I have never really been a chocolate girl. Not until my 3rd pregnancy.  I think it was the girl factor but I could not get enough chocolate.  I love to indulge in the stuff now.  I have this amazing neighbor who is a great baker.  She made a similar item one day and these babies are to die for! She lost the recipe so I have been trying to recreate it.  I finally did it.  Be prepared to enjoy!!!

Chocolate Peanut Butter CUP-cakes

1 box devil's food cake mix (I always use Duncan Hines, I think it's the best)
1 small box instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup sour cream ( You could also use half natural plain yogurt)
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 natural apple sauce (If you don't have sauce you can add another 1/2 c oil but applesauce makes me think they are a little healthier. It also makes them a little more dense)
4 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 (12 oz.) package of mini chocolate chips (2 cups)
1/2 cup peanut butter or 1 cup PB chips

Preheat oven to 350. Mix together everything except chocolate chips on medium speed, scraping occasionally. Stir in chips. Pour batter into preferred pan(s). Obviously, if you want cupcakes, use lined muffin tins, or grease and flour it. I used a large cookie scoop to fill the tins (about 3 tablespoons). For baking time, add 10 minutes to the time specified on box and check. Do the toothpick test to check, you'll want a few moist crumbs. The middle won't jiggle anymore and the tops will spring back when touched lightly. If not done, check about every five minutes until done. Cool completely and frost with Peanut butter Cream Cheese Frosting.

This recipe make several dozen cupcakes.  Mine made 2 dozen large and 2 1/2 pans of mini cupcakes.

Peanut butter Cream cheese Frosting
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter (add a little more to taste)
1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

With a whisk attachment, beat butter and peanut butter at medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add powdered sugar and beat until mostly moistened. Scrape bowl and beat at medium-low until fully combined. Add vanilla and beat at medium until fully incorporated. Increase speed to medium high and beat until light and fluffy, scraping bowl occasionally. 


These are so yummy! I really like them refrigerated. The pudding keeps them soft and moist.  I could just sit and eat the frosting by itself!  I hope you like them as much as I do!


Linking up too:

2 comments:

  1. Um, yummy! I'll be making these THIS weekend. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mouth is watering, I cannot wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...