Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Pull over Baby Bib

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Pull over Baby Bib

Finding a unique gift for a new mom can sometimes be hard.  I found one of these bibs and fell in love with it.  I needed more. Little ones can really make a mess.  It seems like bibs only make it through one kiddo. I discovered fingertip towels are the perfect size.  So now with each new little bundle I make a few new ones. Just so they get something new.   You can never have to many bibs right??


Supply List:
Fingertip Towel ( I got these at Target for $2 each.)
Ribbing




 Begin by folding top of towel down about 6 inches.


 Use piece of paper to make 5 inch circle. Fold circle in half. Lay straight edge on folded edge. Cutout circle.

 Take ribbing and cut a strip 12 x 2.5.  Make sure the ribbing stretches the length of your strip.  Inmy photo I cut the ribbing on the fold. So I cut it 6x2.5 on the fold.

 Stitch short ends of the ribbing.

 Divide towel and ribbing into 4 equal parts. 

 Pin towel and ribbing together.  If you need to divide into more equal parts go for it. 
 Sometimes it makes sewing it easier.

 As you stitch the ribbing and towel together pull ribbing to the same length as the towel.
Take it one section at a time.

After stitching neck either serge the edge or zig zag around edge to give it a finished look. 
(I missed the picture for this step)
Once you have finished the edges do a top stitch around the edge of the neck line. 

 Your done!  Quick and easy.  A great gift for a new mom. 

This is perfect for my new little guy.  He is not quite ready for solids but when he is he will be sporting several of these!
This one fits my baby and my 3 year old.  I have seen these made with hand towels and dishcloths for older children or disabled adults.
I was thinking these would be totally cute using fabric and the silhouette for some cute appliques for plain towels. 

2 comments:

  1. What a great project - and it looks like it will work fantastic!!! Thanks for linking up with Patches of Pink!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! You have done a great job to run the project. I guess this would be so benefited.I like your project products. Thanks for share.
    Erin@ see more

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...