Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Angry Birds

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Angry Birds

My boys love Angry Birds.  I thought I would make something fun for them for Christmas.  Then I was asked to do a local Bazaar.  I thought they would make a great gift for a cute little guy or gal.  So I decided to get a jump on it.  Here is my take on Angry birds the bean bag toss.



The birds are all 2 dimensional and the piggies are 3 dimensional. 
Step 1: First I ironed Pellon to one side of the felt.
2: I cut the birdies from the templates below.  And stitched around the edges. Leaving a small hole for the poly fill pellets. 
3: Then put them back through the machine to close them. 
4: I then cut out the eyes, beaks and brows by hand. 
5:Then glued eyes, beaks and brows with my trusty glue gun. 

The piggies were a little more work.  I wanted them to be able to sit on the blocks.  I sewed 3 small circles together so that they would have a bottom gusset to sit on.  Then hand stitched the eyes, nose and mouth onto the fronts. I think next tiem I am going to make the piggies out of wooden doll heads. Paint them green and free hand the eyes and mouths. 
Update for Piggies


Add a set of block and some special little guy or gal will be busy all afternoon building and tossing birds. 

I thought this would be a great birthday or Christmas gift!

***Parental Warning***
This tutorial if made may cause your children to act peculiar.
Laughing, Giggling and using there Creativity may occur.  And may happen for long lengths of time.
Your TV, Video games and Computer will be grateful for the break.

Its time for Crafting with the Stars at Sew Dang Cute.   

Check out this tutorial and others like it for the competition.
















Linking up too:

5 comments:

  1. These are so cute! My son would love these! Found you through CWTS!

    xo-Jamielyn
    I ♥ Nap Time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I used Rocks for ours but it wasnt the best idea for when they brought it inside , lol .. Love this! Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahahaha awesome idea!!!!

    Please feel free to link your Real Life Angry Birds game up to my Make Yourself Monday blog hop! :o)

    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  4. featured this on my blog!

    www.kimboscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all. I love to make a project and know it is loved by all. I hope your Kiddos all end up with some Angry Birds!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...