Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: DIY Baby Leg Warmers

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

DIY Baby Leg Warmers

We we live in good old Idaho.  We have maybe 3 months of summer and 9 long months of winter.  But even in the summer the mornings are cool and the afternoons hot.  It's hard dressing baby for the weather.  Some mornings this big guy needs a little extra.  I love baby legs but they are not always easy to find.  I have looked and can't find a store.  So here is a little DIY for those on a budget, can't find what you want or just plain old cheap.  I fall in to the all three category.





Start off with a pair of ladies knee socks. I got mine at Target for $2 each. Fall is the best time to find these. they may call them boot socks or knee socks. 


Next cut off your tags and unfold. You will next cut the socks just above the heel. Before the curve.
Then take the foot of the sock. cut the center section out. (The straight part of the foot.) Cutting off the toe and the heel.
When done you should have 4 pieces. You can now throw away the heel and toe. 


Next Take the short piece of the sock. (The part you cut form the foot) and fold in half. Take the folded piece and put it around the long piece with raw edges together. 
Stitch with a long stitch around the raw edges.  Stitching all three layers together.  I like to stretch mine as I sew.  It gives them a little more stretch for Chubby legs. 



All finished.  Quick and easy.  My little guy has been sporting these this summer.  With crawling in the works I have one more reason to make a few more. 

Thanks for visiting!  Let me know what you think.
I love to read your comments.



Linking up too:
I heart naptime

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the nifty idea! I love all those cute leg warmers, but I am right there with you...they are too $$$ for me. I am definately going to try to do this. Thank you! I'll credit you when I do it. :)
    Nicole @
    www.DavisDomestications.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...