Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Pot O' Gold

Monday, March 5, 2012

Pot O' Gold

I started thinking about  March much to long ago.
Hoping that spring would come, I guess.
( We still have not had measurable snow this year.)    
I guess March will be a snow filled month.  But with a little {Luck}it will be warm and toasty inside.

Pin It
So back to my shelf.  I thought a Pot O' Gold would be a cute addition. 
 I found this Pot at a party store.
(This was not easy to find in the heart of Valentines season.  But they pulled one out for me.)
 Thinking this was to Blah.  I thought a little pizazz was necessary. 
 So out comes the Modge Podge and Glitter.

I stuck my hand in the pot and coated part of the pot in Modge podge.
Then sprinkled on glitter. 
Turn the post and repeat. 
I left the bottom plain so it would sit flat.

I let it dry for a bit and then touched it up with a little MP and glitter where needed.

For the gold I purchased mardi gras coins from the dollar store.
I tried to find just gold coins but they were no where to be found.
 Nothing a little spray paint can't handle.
To start I traced  the top of the pot o' gold onto a piece of paper. 
I laid coins on top of the pattern. 

The next layer was E6000 and a layer of coins stacked on top and in a little to make a pyramid type look.
I kept layering glue and coins until I reached the top.

For stability I used a grocery sack in the center to keep the coins from caving in until the glue was hard.
Let it dry over night.
Then next morning, Spray them gold.

I filled my pot with empty plastic sacks and sat eh gold on top.

Voila!
Pot O' Gold


Here are the links for other projects on my mantel.
Printable
Would make an adorable center piece on a table for your St. Patricks Day Dinner or a Mantle.

Adrienne

2 comments:

  1. I love your pot of gold and your mantle! Would you be willing to link this up to my Springtime Holiday Link Party? I'd love to have you! Thanks, Michelle http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/02/springtime-holiday-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Wish I had picked one of those pots up at halloween!! love it glittered! Very cute! thank you for sharing at Uncommon! Bonnie ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...