Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Crap room to Craft room part 2: Ribbon Redo

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Crap room to Craft room part 2: Ribbon Redo

Did you miss Part one of Crap room to Craft room??
 I am loving my new set up.  It makes sewing and crafting so much easier and less stressful. I get so much more done in the time I have to sew and craft.
 
 
Now onto another project to improve the room.
Oh the dreaded Ribbon dilemma...
What to do???
I have tried many methods of organization.  None seem to fit.
I found this great bin at Walmart.
It is the perfect height for a spool of ribbon. Perfect!
An the container is stackable. 
Even Better!
This ribbon was in 1 large bin with a bunch of loose ribbon on top.  I could not find anything.


Now its pretty and separated by type of ribbon.
Grosgrain, satin and specialty


Thank heavens for mini elastics.  I remember these when you had to get them from your orthodontist.  Perfect for Little Miss' hair..
And now my ribbon.


I bought these at the dollar store. 
I wrapped the ribbons around my hand and then wrapped a rubberband around them.


Now all pretty.
Next Ric Rac and trims.



Now they are all neatly wrapped and in my handy bins.  The perfect size for my shelves.  I had all kinds of Trim, Ric Rac and Pom Pom fringe.



The closet is still a little cramped. But fairly organized.  At least I know where everything is. 
And thats all that matters...Right??
Well 2 big projects down and a few more to go. 
My Crap room is becoming a Craft Room.

1 comment:

  1. It's looking better all the time! I hope I can find some of those nifty little 3-in-1 plastic organizer things. They look like they're very handy. Will be leaving on a trip south soon and when I'm out and about checking out some new quilt shops, etc. I'll keep a look out for some new organizing stuff. I have also been trying to become more organized in my sewing studio/craft room. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...