Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Gold Tinted Mercury Glass DIY

Friday, November 8, 2013

Gold Tinted Mercury Glass DIY

I love the look of mercury glass.  I have seen it all over in the store. It gives home decor that vintage feel.  I thought it would be fun to have some mercury glass mixed into my Holiday decor and with gold coming back in I thought I would try my hand at gold tinted mercury glass.  



I started with these glass Christmas trees I found at the thrift store.I washed and dried them first thing. Any glass items will do. 


I coated the inside of my trees with Krylon's Looking Glass spray. 


Here is what my glass looked like after 1 coat. I let my glass dry for 15 minutes in my warm oven.  My weather has been very cold so I couldn't let them dry outside.  I warmed my oven and turned it off, then placed my trees in the oven. After 3 coats I sprayed the insides with gold metallic paint and let it dry.


After they dry I added a flame less candle lights and a nativity and I am ready for the holidays!  I love how these turned out.  They add just enough gold to my holiday decor.

Also its that time of the month where I join forces with some of my blog besties and bring to you our round up of Gold Projects!  Check them out!



5 comments:

  1. These turned out so cute!!! What a great idea! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those trees take me back to my childhood, my Mom had a bunch of them. Great idea to update them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really pretty! I can't say how many times I have passed by those glass trees in Goodwill without buying. What a great idea to update them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfection for Christmas and super cute mantel lady!
    Ash:)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...