Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Lace Sweatshirt DIY

Friday, November 1, 2013

Lace Sweatshirt DIY


After viewing this post from One Little Momma.  I am not really into the lace thing myself but for my little miss, Oh yes!  So I found a couple of cute sweatshirts for her and I was on my way.  I thought it would be fun to give her sweatshirts a little something more.  I just love how they turned out.  Perfect for my little miss!


I started out with a sweatshirt from Walmart.  I love the designs they have this season.  I picked this cute owl sweatshirt from Hanes.

I picked out lace that complimented the graphic on the shirt. For the back of my daughters shirt I used 1/4 of a yard. 
Lay the lace on the back of the sweatshirt and cut across the top of the shirt.  I also added elbow patches.  I thought they would give it a bit of character.

I used a glue stick on the back of the lace to hold it in place. I also pinned it.  Then take it to your sewing machine and zigzag around the edges of of the lace. 


1 comment:

  1. That's very cute. I would love to do like an ivory lace over a burgundy sweatshirt. I think that would be really pretty. Stopping by from Tip Me Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...