Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup {Recipe}

Friday, March 28, 2014

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup {Recipe}


One of my Favorite meal my Grandma made me as a kid was Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. She would bring it down when I was sick, On a cold snowy day or just because she knew I was coming. When I got older she shared the recipe with me but it just didn't taste right. Until years later she shared her secret with  me.  She secretly added Turnip and Cabbage to her soup.  It makes it  taste delicious.  She was so sneaky. My dad didn't even know it.  I feel privileged she shared her secret with me. So today I am sharing my recipe with you!


Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

2 boiled and chopped chicken breast
4 C. chicken broth
1tsp. Salt
4 carrots, peeled and diced
3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
2 T. Chopped Cabbage
2 T. Chopped Turnip
1/2 C. Peas
Homemade Noodles or add 1C. dried egg noodles

Add Broth, carrots, potatoes, celery, cabbage, turnip and Salt in pot. Bring to a simmer. Simmer until potatoes are almost done. Add Noodles.  Let the noodles cook for about 5 minutes.  Add Chicken and Peas.  Cover on low for 5 minutes.  Serve with You favorite Bread. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...