Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Coconut Oatmeal Cookies

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Coconut Oatmeal Cookies

I love Cookies.  All kinds.  These are one of my favorites.  One of my Aunties makes these each time we have a gathering.  I could eat all of them. Here is the yummy recipe.


1 Cup White Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Margarine
1 tsp Vanilla
Cream together
3 Eggs
Mix withe sugar mixture
2 tsp. Baking Powder
2 tsp. Soda
1 tsp. Salt
2 1/2 Cup Flour
Sift together and mix with above.
2 Cups Rolled oats *
2 Cups Unsweetened Coconut **
*For your rolled oats I like to use all natural ones I get in bulk at Fred Meyers or Winco in the bulk section. When I don't have those I use regular oats but I blend them in my blender for about 15 seconds to grind them up a bit.  I just like the texture better.
**Unsweetened Unsulfered Coconut is found in the bulk bins at Fred Meyers or Winco. Red mill makes some in a small bag. Usually in the Health section.  You can use Sweetened but you will  need to add an additional 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
Mix all ingrediants together.  Drop by spoonfuls onto a GREASED cookie sheet.
Bake  at 350* for 12-15 min or 375* for 9-12 min
Let them cool just a bit (they are better cool) Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...