Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Patriotic Hair Bows

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Patriotic Hair Bows


  Today I am sharing a fun and easy hair bow that is perfect for any time of year but especially for the 4th of July!  Every 4th I dress my kids super patriotic.  The boys usually get some sort of T- shirt and hat while little miss gets whatever my mind has come up with.  Skirts, shirts, hats, knickers, I get creative!  You can check out this post for 15 clothing items to wear for the 4th

This year the Ribbon Retreat asked me to come up with something for the 4th and I was excited to get my hands on some Diamond Mesh.  It comes by the yard and about 4 inches wide. It is perfect to use for bows, headbands or to hand stitch on to clothing. 



So here is a picture step by step with the details down below.

1. Start with these basic supplies. 
glue gun
fabric or ribbon scraps
needle and thread
2. Cut mesh to size of bow wanted. Mine are this size.
small: 6 x 2.5
large: 4.5 x 13.5
fold in half and overlap ends
3. Stitch seams to 
4. Wrap center piece around
5. Slide Barrette onto center mesh
6.Stitch the ends of the center.

 You can embellish your bows however you like.  If you need to use glue use E6000. Hot glue will not adhere to the diamond mesh. I used the E6000 to add my little stars. 

These bows would be perfect for a Halloween costume, cheer leading, dance performance or your puppy a bow tie. 


I love how they turned out.  These would be adorable in any color.  They remind me a little of Madonna in the 80's or that big old bow in Hello Kitty's fur.  Be sure to check out the color selection. Tons of colors and reasons to make some for your little miss! 
So how to you dress your kids for the 4th of July??

Click here to check out more 4th of July ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...