Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Summer Citrus Slush

Monday, June 2, 2014

Summer Citrus Slush


A a youth I remember every big summer activity we had this drink that I just loved. We called it SLOP. It stood for Seven-up, lemonade, orange juice and Pineapple.  Put them all together and what do you get?  SLOP! You mix up the each ingredients and enjoy. So I decide to make it a yummy, cool slush that my kids can enjoy on a hot summer day.  I love mixing this up and freezing it in old Ice cream containers and keeping it for a few weeks.  This recipe isn't an exact match but it is delicious and perfect for those hot summer days!


3 C. sugar
6 C. water
boil for 5 minutes. let cool
5 bananas, sliced or chopped
2 lemons, juiced (about 4 T.)
5 oranges, juiced (1/4 C.)
1 quart pineapple juice
Stir together and Freeze.
Remove from freezer 30 minutes before serving. Break or chop in large punch bowl.  Add Sprite or 7-up to serve.
Another great way to serve is using a ice cream scoop and scoop into glasses and pour in sprite. 

04984a515d8aacb4eda60974bb0155476ec8fc092d7636a162

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...