Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: How to throw a "S'More"gasbord Party

Monday, July 21, 2014

How to throw a "S'More"gasbord Party

s'more party idea www.freetimefrolics.com #smores #printable

With my youth group a few nights ago I planned a S'more party.I called it a "S'more"gasbord.  Gourmet s'mores of all kinds! Chocolate, Grahams, marshmallows, and all the special trimmings.  I made sure to have an assortment of cookies and unusual toppings for all the girls to try. We talked a lot, played Volleyball and sang songs around the fire. 


"S'more"gasborg Party www.freetimefrolics.com #smores #party

We had planned on making s'mores but I wanted it to be grand.  No throwing the bag a marshmallow on a camp chair and fending for yourself. I made a printable of S'more ideas they could make.  Some common idea and some not so common. 
I gave them fun names and framed the printable.
s"more recipe ideas www.freetimefrolics.com #smores #recipe

Here is a list of what I had on the table!
Assorted cookies
{Coconut, fudge stripes, chocolate chip, Mint, Peanut butter & Devils food}
Graham crackers
{regular and chocolate, Cinnamon may be good also}
Marshmallows
Strawberry Marshmallows
Chocolate bars
Mini candy bars
Chocolate sauce
Cookie Butter
Nutella
Potato chips
 Ritz crackers


 I originally made an 8X10 printable to welcome all the girls to the smorgasbord but changed my mind to use my huge chalkboard.  I am not an amazing artist but It turned out great. I made labels for each item on the table to help them find just the right ingredients for there specialty s'mores.



Throwing a "S'more"gasborg for a ward event, family reunion, neighborhood get together is a fun and unique idea. Everyone will want to come! I promise.  
Some of my girls were amazed at all the S'more ideas I came up with. And they loved testing each one!
ON a side note, If you are throwing a "S'more"gasborg party may I recommend, instead of a log fire you use charcoal briquettes.  It takes much longer to get good coals, for roasting, going with wood.  With briquettes you get nice hot coals in just 15 minutes and you don't have to deal with a lot of smoke.  Your marshmallows are less likely to burn as well
  


We had an amazing evening of chatting, S'mores and fun.  It was a great way to enjoy each other's company.


So tell me, what unique s'mores topping do you use??


Click on the link below to print the printable's for your "S'more"gasborg!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...