Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Craft Room Organizing - Craft Supplies Board

Monday, November 3, 2014

Craft Room Organizing - Craft Supplies Board



I desperately needed a way to organize my most used supplies. As a Craft/ Sewing blogger I can be a bit of a hoarder.  You just never know when you are going to need something.  Or you have to have twine in every color!   So I came up with this beauty.  It is functional, adorable and super easy to make. I did have to call on my neighbor to borrow a saw but you could just make is a rectangle too and it would be awesome!





I started off my project by having a board cut down to the size I needed.  mine is 48 x 24 x 3/4.  Lowes and home depot will give you two cuts for free.  So take advantage.

I asked a neighbor who had a Jigsaw.  I drew my bracket shape before hand and cut away.

I used Americana Decor paints to paint my colors.  I Did all white to start and let it dry.   Then I taped off my strips to what I liked and picked my colors. I did the all different sizes. Just a tip, once you have painted your strips to the proper coating putt your take so it will have a nice line and allow to dry.



For the twine I used a nut, bold and a 4 claw nut.  I drilled a hole large enough for the 4 claw nut to go into and pounded it into place.  The claws will go into your wood and help keep the bolt to stay straight. Then add your twine, then nut then screw it onto the claw nut in the board from the front.
Before going to the hardware store measure your twine.  My spools tend to be a bit larger than average.  So be sure your bolts are about 2 inches longer than your twine.

For the washi tape I used cup holder screws that just twist in and dowels with knobs sprayed white.  I did it this way so I could take it on and off as needed.

I screwed metal pipe clamps to the board and hung Mason Jars to hold small pieces of ribbon and trim.

I used a 12 by 24 inch sheet of metal to put my magnetic cans on to hold small things like d rings and safety pins.



I found my magnetic tins in the dollar section of Michael's craft store.  They were perfect for this project.


In total I think this project cost me about $20.  I also had leftover wood and paint for another project. 
So tell me how do you organize your craft supplies?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...