Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Easy DIY Zipper Pouch

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Easy DIY Zipper Pouch


Several months ago I share this post on another site.  So it is time to show here.  I am sharing a simple Zipper Pouch you can make in 30 minutes or less. They are perfect for a small gift, holding small things in your purse or for toys for the kiddos! 


I started with grocery bag fabric I purchased at Joann's. It comes in lots of colors and prints.  It is about $3 a yard and comes 60 wide.  I made these super cute Easter totes with the same fabric in March! This fabric is easy to use, doesn't fray and water just wipes away.  Perfect fabric for this easy pouch!

I am a super visual person so I added a picture and instructions for each step.  In the final steps just make sure you don't sew your zipper closed. You won't be able to open and flip your pouch!  And using seam ripper on this grocery bag fabric is yucky! Also you need a 12 inch zipper for this tutorial. A 9 inch will be a bit tough to sew with. 

 Start by cutting your fabric.

I love these little pouches. I keep them in my purse with girly stuff, cars for my son or snacks.  I have also used them as a gift pouch for some of my young women.  They are perfect!  


Here are a few of my popular posts!



Tag Along Tote Tutorial




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...