Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Fingerless Gloves DIY

Monday, November 26, 2012

Fingerless Gloves DIY



I love finger less gloves.  I think they are cute and stylish.  I was perusing my local thrift store when I found some old sweaters that would be perfect for my project.  I found this sweater vest for $3.




I started with this Sweater Vest from the thrift store. I loved the argyle. I cut 3 inches from the sides of the vest. Cutting the front and back.  Leaving one seam intact.  Using the bottom of the vest gives you a finished edge.

Open your sweater and either zig zag or serge around the outside edges of your gloves. 




Fold your gloves right sides together. Pin edges together.  Stitch along long edge.

Fold the raw edge down 1/2 inch to the wrong side. Making a small casing.


Thread 8-10 inches of 1/8 elastic through the casing.  Tie off your ends.


All finished.


Head out and sport your new Finger less Gloves.


2 comments:

  1. Who's cute hands are those?! I love how these turned out. Maybe if I get the ambition, I will have to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! Great way to reuse a sweater!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...