Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Lighted Shadow Box Nativity

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Lighted Shadow Box Nativity


 
This season I decide to make a Nativity table.  I started collecting Nativities when I was flying around the world.  I love the nativity.  I love the simplicity and spirit they bring to my home. And they serve as a reminder of the reason for the season.

Here is what you need.
12x12 Shadow Box
black spray paint
string of battery operated lights (10-20 lights)
Glue dots
Etched Glass Vinyl ( I buy mine at Expressions Vinyl)
Vinyl Cutter
I started by picking my image in my Silhouette Designer.  I decided on this Nativity scene. I sized it to fit my frame.  I cut my etched glass vinyl according to my Silhouette guidelines.

After cutting I used my transfer tape and cover the whole image. I wanted to have my glass with the negative space frosted. I found this to be the easiest way to use the negative space with the least amount of application problems,  Peel your vinyl and tape from the backing.


Apply your vinyl to your glass. Start in one corner and rub out any air bubbles as you go. Once you have added your vinyl, you are going to remove your print. I removed just the picture.

Remove the print slowly.  If you pull to hard or fast you can tear the vinyl you want to stay. Once you have removed all the vinyl you need to set it aside.


Next I painted my frame backing black. Just one quick coat. Start with your lights and stick a glue dot where you want to start your lights.  I started mine on the side so my battery box can set on the table behind the box. String your lights throughout the backing board using glue dots to hold the lights down. I tried to make mine look like stars in the sky. Use glue dots to hold the wired against the board.


Add your backing to the frame and you are done.

I added my free printable, "He is the Reason for the Season" Find it here.

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Love the glow of the lights :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I would love to have you come share this or any of your great ideas at the link party on ‘Or so she says…' There’s one going on right now (and every Saturday – Tuesday). Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...