Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Business Card Holder DIY

Friday, February 15, 2013

Business Card Holder DIY

This year I have the opportunity to attend 2 blog conferences. Build Your Blog with the  Six Sisters Stuff and Snap! In preparation to go I have made an adorable Business card holder.  I found a few online and they were not the right size so I made my own.





Here is what you need.
Fat Eight- 9x22 fabric
Iron on pellon
Button
Hair Elastic

Start by cutting (2) 9x5 inch pieces. 
Cut from the 9x5 3 inches off the top.  Giving you (2) 6x5 rectangles and (2) 3 x 5 rectangles.

Fold over 1/8th inch along the longs side of the 3x5 inch pieces. 


 Stitch them into place.


Pin your small rectangles to each end of your large rectangles.  Matching up corners.


Pin the second large rectangle on top of  the first. Stitch around the outside edge leaving an opening along one short end.


Turn right sides out. Be sure to push corners out. Press.


Pin hair elastic to the center of the card holder. Top stitch around the outside edge of the holder.  Be sure to back stitch over the elastic.


Mark where you want your button to go and hand stitch it into place.





All finished.


Here are a few more projects you can do with a fat eighth

Camera lens cap holder by: Peta Pixel
Tissue Pouch by: Craft me Not
Gadget Pouch by: Made by Petchy
Chapstick holder by: Madelynerush


8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I'll be making one up soon...to pretend i get to go to byb and snap haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing!! Sew Cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute! I love the fabric and the BIG button! I host a Tasteful Tuesday link party (still open until Friday) and would love for you to come over and link up! http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2013/02/winners-and-tasteful-tuesday-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this project- time to pull out the sewing machine! Thanks for sharing :)

    kyra @ caramelpotatoes.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fun! How nice to have your business cards all organized together! I love how it takes only a tiny bit of fabric.
    Thanks for the tutorial.

    hugs x
    Crystelle
    http://www.crystelleboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea...sure wish my sewing machine wasn't broken! I really need to take it in. :)

    -Marie
    www.bloominghomestead.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute, love your fabrics!! Hope to see your cute face at Snap!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...