Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: BBQ Cowboy Casserole {Recipe}

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

BBQ Cowboy Casserole {Recipe}


So way back when I had my baby, we had neighbors bringing us dinner for a few days.  We received all kinds of yummy food. One neighbor, who is an amazing cook, brought us what looked like a Shepard's pie.  But this little beauty had a little twist.   It was Bar-b-que sauce instead of tomato soup.  It was to die for delicious.  It is amazing what just one change can do to a recipe.  So I hit her up for the recipe and I am sharing it with you.  This is a version of a Martha Stewart recipe I was unable to find on the internet.  I have altered it a bit. I give you BBQ Cowboy Casserole or twisted Sheperd's Pie.  Whatever its called it's delicious.

Ingredients:
4 C. Mashed potatoes
1 pound ground hamburger-cooked
1/2 C. brown sugar
1C. your favorite BBQ sauce
1 t. Worcestershire sauce
1 T yellow mustard
1 can corn
1 cup shredded cheese
1 T. chives or cilantro

Preheat oven to 400*

Fry your hamburger and remove as much grease as you can. Mix together Hamburger, BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Mustard and brown sugar.
You will layer your casserole much like a Shepherd's pie.
Layer your Potatoes in a grease a 9x13 pan. Add the Hamburger mixture on top of potatoes. Drain corn and layer on top of hamburger.  Sprinkle cheese on top. For a final touch add Chives or cilantro. Bake for 30 minutes.
You can also make this ahead.  If your casserole has been refrigerated, be sure to bake it for 45 min.
* Vegetarian Option:  Replace the Ground hamburger with 4 cans, drained, pinto or black beans



5 comments:

  1. Yum, this looks really good. Thanks for the recipe!
    Marcie @ I Gotta Try That

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, I need ideas like this for dinners!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I love me a good casserole!
    Ash:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! I would have never thought to try this combination! I think my husband would love this recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...