Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Summer Grab & Go Bags! Are you ready?

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Summer Grab & Go Bags! Are you ready?




Are you enjoying the 31 days of Summer Fun? There are so many great activities! Today I am sharing my  Summer Grab and Go Bags! This is my way to be a little more organized this summer and have fun with my kids without all the stress! I only get 18 summers with them.  I so I need to make them count. So I introduce to your my Summer Grab and Go Bags!
Are you ready for summer?  My kids have 2 weeks left of school.  With summer getting ready to make its entrance I am trying to get prepared and ready.  No sitting around the house for my kiddos. (Okay so we may have a few lazy days this summer, that's what it's for right?) I like to think I am organized.  In reality I am organized in some things and not others.  When it comes to preparedness I am pretty good. So this summer I am going to be ready to go on a whim.  

We frequently get calls from friends to go do fun things in the summer. The conversations usually go like this.
 (Her) "Hey we are going to the lake, want to come?
(Me)Sure, when you leaving?  
 (Her)In 20 minutes...... 
(Me) Ummmm Okay.....
 (I say this while still sitting in my PJ's or work out clothes.)  

So what do you do?  For me it's a chance to get out of the house and unplugged for the day.  You have to take the opportunity, right?  So here is what I do!
Have a Grab & Go bag!  I have one for the Lake/ beach and one for the park. 
Want to see what I put in my bags?  Well today is your lucky day! Here we go!
Swim Bag-



TJ Maxx Bag, Swim suits, towels, sunscreen, water bottles, snacks, pocket first aid kit, baby powder (to remove sand from feet), sand toys, toiletries, diapers, wipes, swim diapers all wrapped up and tucked in a bag. I also include a plastic grocery sack in my bag for garbage. 
You may need to add a few things to yours.  I try to keep my kids goggles and cover up as well. 
Park bag-


sunscreen, first aid kit, water bottles, snacks, Frisbee or ball, sand toy, blanket and a plastic bag for garbage.
You may have a few more items you need or don't need from my list.  I add 2 diapers and a small bag of wipes for my baby. 

Summer Fun Bucket- 
Any outside toys your kids would love that are age appropriate. I like to give them to my kids on there last day of school. Here are a few my kids love.
Frisbee, football, round ball, bubbles, bug catchers, chalk, sunglasses, hat, water bottle, sand toys, water toys, squirt gun, water balloons, sponge water balls 

Get a printable list {Here!}

I hope you have a blast this summer!  Try to enjoy every moment your can with your kids.  You only get 18 summers with them.  Make each on count!
Here are a few more ways to get organized this summer. 





Want to see more fun summer activities to do with your kids?  Check out the links below!

12 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea! Thank you for being part of the summer fun series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this..it needs to go on my to-do list for sure!
    AShley

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea and the park bag is adorable! I am going to have to check out my TJ Maxx!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Idea! Just the other day we ended up at my sisters when my nieces had their kiddie pool out and the boys wished I had brought their swimsuits! I need to made a swimsuit bag and leave it in the car! :) Your KPVI segments are always great too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips! I'd love if you'd like up to The DIY'ers: http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-diyers-and-some-favorites.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of being able to grab a bag and go!
    I started doing that with our swim bag for swim class over the summer -- just have to add sunlotion, snacks, and a few toys and we'll have our swim bag for summer.
    Definitely need to make a park one, too!

    Pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great - I need to get more organized - thanks for the inspiration. Pinned this. Thanks for linking up at Family Fun Friday. Sincerely,
    Monica
    http://happyandblessedhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are awesome! ty! where did you get the first aid kit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made my first aid kit. You make it out of a pot holder and ziploc bags. Her is the link to make one of your own. I love these little guys in my 72 hour kits, car and diaper bag!
      http://www.michellelunt.com/2010/06/my-favorite-homemade-gift-first-aid.html
      Adrienne

      Delete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...