Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Easy American Flag T- Shirt

Monday, June 17, 2013

Easy American Flag T- Shirt




Sugar Bee Crafts Red White Blue

I am so excited to be a part of Sugar Bee Crafts Red White and Blue Series.  Today I am sharing my Easy American Flag T-Shirt. No sew, not cutter required!!

I love dressing my kids in Patriotic clothing and outfits for the 4th of July.  I think it is important to instill in our kids how important our freedom is, and to appreciate those how fight for our freedoms. So every year I try to think of something easy and special for each one of them.  This year I went the easy route and made these fun and easy American Flag Tees!!
To start you will need:

A pre washed t- shirt
red and blue iron on vinyl {I buy mine at Expressions Vinyl}
Start pattern: I just found one online and cut it out
Paper Cutter
scissors or exact o knife



Start by deciding how big you want your flag to be. I cut 7 red strips 1/4 inch wide with mypaper cutter. My strips are 6 inches by 1/4 inch.   4 of my strips I cut 2 inches off the ends for the shorter strips on the flag.  Lay them out the way you want them.  


Cut your Blue square to fit on your star spot. Mine was 2 x 2 inches.  I traces a star onto the top of the iron on transfer.  


Cut your star out with an exact o knife or the tip of your scissors. Lay your star in place.

Once you have your Iron on transfer in place.  Cover your vinyl with a thin towel.  I like to use a flour sack towel. Press your vinyl with with medium to high heat.  Start with one side and work your way over. I like to hold mine in each section for 10-20 seconds then move on.  If your iron is to hot your vinyl will begin to wrinkle.  


You can tell if your vinyl is done by removing the clear plastic coating.  If it comes off fine all done. If not go over with iron again until set.  Once you have removed your clear coating.  cover with cloth again and go over it once more.  You are all finished.

For more Patriotic clothing idea check out these posts!

6 comments:

  1. super cute! I LOVE that its a vinyl project that doesn't require a machine :o) I'm overseas and can't seem to figure out if I can get silhouette to work here.. :o)I just popped over from sugar bee... I'm also part of the red, white blue series today... so fun!!Emily @ Nap-Time Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the glitter vinyl for the star!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this and it looks pretty easy...I hope! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am surprised by how easy this looks!! So easy I may in fact have to do this myself!!

    I'm part of the RW&B series too, so I'm showing some love!!! Thanks for showing us these awesome shirts!!

    Kate @ Uniquely Undone
    uniquelyundone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...