Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Easy DIY Knit Headband

Monday, June 24, 2013

Easy DIY Knit Headband




 I was at Joann's the other day.  There were 2 teenage girls buying knit fabric.  I asked them what they were going to make.  They showed me a headband they had purchased and figured they could make them.  So I took a look at the headband, gave them a few sewing tips and off they went to make their headbands.  I started thinking and decided to make a few of my own. These headband are super simple.  And stylish too.  I have even teamed up with Ashley over at Flats to Flip Flops to show you how to fashion your head band.


Start with 5x45 inches of knit fabric.   I like mine to be a bit thicker with a double knit. 

Fold the width of your knit with right sides together. Stitch up the length of  knit. Making a long tube. 


Turn your tube right sides out.

If you are making this for yourself lay the tube around your neck with the end hanging in front. Take the long ties and pull the tube up around the neck.  Take your ties and cross the ties around each other. Bring the ends to the back center of the neck and Pin your ends.  Stitch the ends together then stitch it to your first layer.

If you are making it for someone else. Measure your tube.  For an adult I cut my tube to 40 inches.

 Make a circle and cross your ends.

Cross them back a gain and bring your ends back down.  

Pin into place. Stitch your ends together then stitch your seem to the the first piece. 


Finish your headband by stitching your two layers together. Make 2 stitch lines on the seam with the seam on the inside. 


Your headband is all done.  Need ideas to fashion your headband??  Check out Flats to Flip Flops! My gal pal Ashley is giving a few fashion tips on wearing headbands.

2 comments:

  1. I love this, and I probably could sew something like this. :)
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  2. super random question...
    what is the font used for "Twisted Headband" in the first photo?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...