Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Homemade Restaurant Style Strawberry Lemonade Concentrate

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Homemade Restaurant Style Strawberry Lemonade Concentrate


Do you love Restaurant styled fruity lemonades?  Fresh lemonade is one of my favorites! I love a tall glass of lemonade with a sugar rimmed glass. Served with a steak and potato.  Yum!  I wanted this lemonade all summer long.  I found this recipe online and tweeked it just a bit to fit my fancy.  I love home canning.  {Check out my canning post.  I am kind of a canning nerd!}Especially when its tastes so good! So I used my home canning and food storage skills to bring you this yummy drink!

This recipe makes approximately 3, 2 quart jars
Take:
5c. Lemon Juice
6c. Sugar
6 c. strawberries Hulled and cut

In a large pot mix sugar and lemon juice. Heat on medium heat. Turn berries into a puree in a food processor or blender. Pour into pot and heat.  Using a candy thermometer heat the mixture to 190*.  While lemonade is heating be sure to clean bottling jars and heat lids and fill water bath with water.

Pour Lemonade concentrate into jars, filling to the bottom of the jar rim. Place your jar lid on top and place your jar in your water bath. 

Once jars are in water bath be sure water is about 1 inch above the jars.  Boil jars for 15 minutes.  Remove from water bath.  Place on a dry upside down to help seal.

Your Lemonade concentrate is ready to drink! I love mine on the thin side.  
Mix together 1 jar concentrate, and 2 jars of water.   If you like yours sweeter just add 1 jar of water. 

This yummy treat is perfect for a holiday, BBQ or just because.  Everyone loves it! I hope you do too.  For more information about canning, check out this post! Enjoy



 Don't forget if you wan tot learn more about canning and what to use check out my canning post!

8 comments:

  1. this sounds delicious, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so refreshing. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Refreshing!!
    Just wanted you to know I featured you!
    http://anextraordinaryday.net/an-extraordinary-round-up-of-lemony-goodness-the-week-at-a-glance-615/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so refreshing! Great for a summer cookout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. about how many lemons did it take to get 5 cups?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes a lot. I actually bought large lemon juice bottles from Costco. But if you are juicing your own lemons, they generally have about 4 teaspoons per lemon. I hope that helps. I tried juicing my own but it took so much time.

      Delete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...