Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Cherry Limeade Concentrate {Recipe}

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Cherry Limeade Concentrate {Recipe}


So after posting about my Strawberry Lemonade Concentrate I decide it was time to try my hand at Cherry Limeade.  I loved cherry limeade as a kid and I love myself a good Lime Rickie.  So I bought a lot of Cherries and Lime Juice and busted out a few bottles!
 
Can you see all that yummy pulp?  It's the best part for me!
Want to make a yummy batch for yourself?  Check out how I made mine!

This recipe makes approximately 3, 2 quart jars
Take:
5c. Lime Juice
6c. Sugar
4 c. Cherry Juice
Start by juicing your Cherries.  I use a steam canner to juice mine (Check out this post for canning supplies I love) Steam as much juice as you can.  I can steam about 4 pounds of cherries to get 3 cups of juice. If you like pulp, like I do, take your steamed cherries and place them in a strainer. Mash them with a potato masher and add the pulp to your mixture.
In a large pot mix sugar and lime juice. Heat on medium heat. Pour into pot and heat.  Using a candy thermometer heat the mixture to 190*.  While limeade is heating be sure to clean bottling jars and heat lids and fill water bath with water.

Pour Limeade concentrate into jars, filling to the bottom of the jar rim. Place your jar lid on top and place your jar in your water bath. 

Once jars are in water bath be sure water is about 1 inch above the jars.  Boil jars for 15 minutes.  Remove from water bath.  Place on a dry upside down to help seal.

Your Limeade concentrate is ready to drink!  Mix together 1 jar concentrate, and 2 jars of water.   If you like yours sweeter just add 1 jar of water or mix yours with a little sprite or 7up. I love mine on the thin side. 

This yummy treat is perfect for a holiday, BBQ or just because.  Everyone loves it! I hope you do too.  For more information about canning, check out this post! Enjoy



6 comments:

  1. This is great! I had no idea how to juice cherries. I think this recipe would be good with a little 7-up added to make it sparkling for a different spin. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes adding a little Sprite or Ginger Ale makes this drink fantastic!

      Delete
  2. Sounds amazing. Cherry limeade is my favorite!
    ~Kelsy
    http://looseendscraftblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds fantastic!! great for these long hot days we have been having

    I would love you to share these on my link party Serenity Saturday

    Natasha @ Serenity You

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yum! Our favorite is the archer farms sherry limeaid calorie free mix, but the real deal I bet would be amazing! I am going to try it!

    Found you on the somewhat simple linky party ;)

    Visiting from www.amandacreation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM - Cherry Limeade is a favorite of mine but I've never made my own! This looks great! Saw you at Tater Tots and Jello and had to come over!

    Would like to invite you over to Super Sunday at Who Needs a Cape to link up with us! Hope we see you! http://whoneedsacape.com/2013/08/super-sunday-link-party-10/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...