Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Dinosaur Quiet Time Playmat

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Dinosaur Quiet Time Playmat


Yesterday I posted my Lil' Traveler Race Track.  Today is the Lil' Traveler Dinosaur Play mat.  I found this post with Serving Pink Lemonade.  I love the little mat she made for traveling on the airplane or car and wanted to make one for my little guy.  I just never got around to it until I had my Race Car Mat idea.  Both of these mats are the perfect size for carrying around. Not Bulky and will keep your lil' guy occupied. Here is how I did it.  
For the Vinyl version I used the layout from Serving Pink Lemonade but used iron on transfer vinyl from Expressions Vinyl. I just picked a few colors and went for it. (Note: When buying vinyl make sure you have a piece long enough to work.) I love this method.  I just cut everything out one night while watching my favorite show and the next morning I put it together. For the back ground I use 2 fabrics. One for the sky and one for the ground using equal parts.  Just sew them together and Iron.  Then finish the instructions in the play mat tutorial.
Vinyl Version

For the felt version I followed the same method except I really like having my felt sewn on.  So I sewed mine into place instead of ironing
Felt Version
Fold them up and you are ready to go!

4 comments:

  1. Adrienne,
    What a cute project! My son would LOVE this! :)
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute - I think I found a Christmas present to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea, my kids would love this! We would love for you to share at our fun Super Summer Saturday link up here: http://www.thechirpingmoms.com/2013/08/super-summer-saturday.html Thanks! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are super cute!!! I'm your newest follower! Stopping by from Hoyby Crafts.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...