Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Reusable Lunch bags.

Friday, August 29, 2014

Reusable Lunch bags.

A few weeks ago I was asked to join in the Back to school fun over at the Ribbon Retreat. All of the bloggers were given a letter of the alphabet and asked to make something that went with that letter and back to school.  I am so excited to be sharing the letter "L" with you in the Back to School Series. I had a few ideas for the letter "L".  I finally decided on making a reusable Lunch bag.  I have seen them on the web but this little bag is special.  Why you ask?  Because most of these tutorials use vinyl fabric from the store. I chose my own fabric to make this and used an awesome product called Thermo Web Iron on Vinyl.  You can use whatever fabric you want and make it vinyl!  It is so cool! I fell in love with this adorable alphabet  fabric at the Ribbon Retreat and went to work.  




Supply list
Thermo Web Iron on vinyl

1. Cut fabric and vinyl. Press out all creases and wrinkles
2. Pull paper backing from vinyl. Lay on right side of fabric. Cover with a thin towel or piece of fabric. Follow instructions for vinyl application. Repeat for coordinating fabric
3.Place both fabrics RST. Sew around rectangle leaving a 3 inch hole for turning.
4.Turn right sides out.  Push corners out. At this point I like to take my light weight cloth and lay it on my vinyl and press everything down.

5. Cut a long piece of hook and loop tape. Fold your bag the way you would like it and place your Hook and loop tape.  Place one piece on the outside of the fabric on the short end.  Stitch into place. On the opposing short end place the other piece of hook and loop on the inside fabric. Stitch into place. The hoop and loop on the inside fabric is going to become the top of your bag. 
Fold your pouch and stitch down the two sides, making a pouch for your sandwich.

6.  All finished.  Your bag can be washed and dried and used again.



 
Isn't this Thermo Web so cool.  I think you could use this for all kinds of projects; Baby Bibs, Art Smock, chair covers or placemats. The possibilities are endless. 

For more awesome Back to school projects come spend a little Free Time at my online home!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...