Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Coconut Orange Cookies

Friday, July 1, 2011

Coconut Orange Cookies

This yummy recipe comes from my way cool Granny!  She is the most amazing cook.  She has spoiled my family and makes it hard to have anything else.  I love trying to make her recipes.  This one was made for the blessing of our baby girl.  She made a huge platter and they were gone.  I was lucky to get the last one.  They have a more cakie taste to them.  I like them to because they give me the idea that they are on the healthier side!

Orange Coconut Cookies

¾ C. sugar
¾ C. shortening
1 egg
1 C. mashed carrots, cooked
2 C. Flour
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
½ C. coconut
Cream shortening and sugar. Add egg and mashed carrots.  Add dry ingredients. Add vanilla and coconut.  The dough will be a little sticky.  You want it that way. Drop by teaspoon on greased sheet.  Bake 12-15 min at 350 degrees.

Frosting
Juice one large orange and grated rind
Add powdered sugar to a spreading consistency.



They may look a little doughy from the outside but they are quite cakie inside.  The are super yummy!!  Just give them a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...