Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Foam Swords

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Foam Swords

My oldest son went to Scout camp a few weeks ago.  He came home with one of these, a Foam Sword.  Know growing up my brothers and i woudl go out to the wood shed at Grandpa house. Find a few pieces of wood and sit down at the work bench and make things.  Usually swords because they were the easiest to make.  Well times have changed.  Most of us don't have  wood shed or work bench and most wouldn't let there kids sit outside to make swords.  This is an easy solution.
Here is what you need:
Foam Swimming Noodle
Fabric Scraps

Cut your noodles in half.  I just used a knife.  They cut very easy.

Take your fabric scraps and cut them 5x8 inches.


Next you will cut a circle a bit smaller than your noodle.  I folded mine in half and cut the circles the same. Thread your noodle through the holes.

And there off.  My little miss loves these.  Hers of course is purple (pink wan not availble) My kiddos play with these for hours and no one gets hurt.  Fun for the playroom, tramp or outside. I think  they would be great for a Pirate birthday party. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...