Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Nursing Tank Tops

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Nursing Tank Tops

So the other day a Gal pal of mine called and said Down East was haveing a closetout sale on there clothing.  Nothing over $10.  So I stopped. They had cami's 2 for $5.  So I picked up a few.  This is what I did with them.

I have a new little guy here at home. As a nursing mom, it is hard to stay modest and still nurse at home or in public.  Nursing shirts though convient, are just not my thing.  I purchased a few of these nursing tanks from a website a few months ago in preparation for our new littl guy.  I LOVE them.  I wear them everyday. They keep me modest while still being able to nurse with ease. I wanted more but the price was a little over my budget.  Then I decided I could make my own. Only 15 minutes!!

Here is what you need:
1 Tank Top
1 set of swim suit/bra hooks



  Unpick the back straps and cut the front leaving about 11/2 inches of strap.


Next thread your bra hooks through the straps.  Make sure the hook faces inside.




Next fold the strap to the wrong side of the tank and stitch strap.




Your done. Now use the bra hook to slide it into the nursing cup.  This will be just below the clasp you unhook to nurse.


5 comments:

  1. Wow I love this tutorial thank you so much for sharing. I pinned it so I dont forget the next time I am nursing. I found you through the sunday scoop linky party and am your newest follower. Come and visit and follow back :)

    A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tried this and it is genius! Especially since the downeast tanks seem to give more coverage than most nursing tanks. I'm buying more hooks and making more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't see the pictures but am very interested in what you did! Is there a way to fix the pics for me?? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica. I go the photos back up for you. Thanks for letting me know. If you have any questions please let me know.

      Delete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...