Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Kitchen Makeover

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Kitchen Makeover

Welcome to my Kitchen Makeover. We purchased our home a couple of years ago.  I looked at so may homes and fell in love with it the first time I saw it.  It took a little convincing for my husband, but I did it.  The home was in foreclosure.  Our relator told us the home has great bones but needs some work.  I walked in and could picture it as my home.  Lucky for my I could see past the flaws.  A large mudroom and pantry are my favorite features.  I had dreamed about my mudroom. Lockers for each child, fold out ironing board and wash basin.  I love it.  My kitchen on the other had is nice but way to much wood for me with 4 different stains or paint in one room. Some of the features I love are under and over the cabinet lighting. We have lights that can be turned on that are above and below the wall cabinets.  It makes it hard to decorate above the cabinets but that means less dust bunnies for me to find. Here is what it looks like.
kitchen1kitchen
I started with the bead board backsplash. 
I chose a hexagon subway tile. I found it at Lowes.   The style is the same but my tiles were all white.  Then every now and then I would cut out a small square tile ands replace it with a colored glass tile.
Zoomed: Emser 12" x 12" Octagon Beige/Mocha Travertine Tile

Here is the kitchen with just the tile done.
kitchen2
Already a huge difference. Almost enough to stop there but I needed a little color. So I painted my Island. My front room is in Dark Turquoise (I{heart} Turquoise) and Burnt Orange.  So I painted my Island the same color as the wall above my fireplace to help tie the 2 rooms together.

I love th Bright pop of color it askitchen3
I love the pop of color is brings to my kitchen.  It is amazing what a little paint can do!
The last phase of my kitchen make over was the ceiling.  Did you see the wood slat ceiling.  I love the wood slats but the honey color was not my cup of tea.  I thought that white paint would help brighten up the room.  I also had 3 pendant lights.  2 were broken.  They also broke your line of vision when looking into the kitchen.
So I painted the ceiling white. Took the Pendant lights down and replaced it with a ceiling light box that matched the bead board oven hood.
Here is my finished product.
kitchen
So there is my kitchen.  Maybe it will inspire you to create something great. 





52 MantelsVisit thecsiproject.com

2 comments:

  1. It looks great! Here is my question- how are your countertops so clean and empty? There is always stuff on my countertops and it seems like I have no where to put it. What do you do with everything and how do you organize it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a great pop of color! Great job!

    Kimberly
    CSI Project Guest Judge

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...