Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Easy Lunch Box Ideas for Back to School!

Monday, August 19, 2013

Easy Lunch Box Ideas for Back to School!



With school starting its time to start thinking about school lunch!  I have a couple of picky kids. So when it come time to packing a lunch we tend to put the same things in our boxes everyday.    I have been searching the internet world over for awesome lunch ideas. I want easy and nutritious for my kids.    No boxed stuff if I can help it.  So today I am sharing my lunch ideas.  Most are homemade and I even had my older boys make them.
Check out my KPVI segement below. I am sharing all these amazing meals!





Homemade Lunchables-
Make them yourself. Sliced ham or turkey, cheese and Ritz crackers add some veggie and you have a whole meal.  I like using a bento box to keep food cold and ready to eat.
Beef, Turkey or Pork Jerky
My kids love having jerky as their main protein in there lunch. You can buy all kids of flavors and  It nutritious. As a bonus it does not need to be kept cold!


Hummus and Pitas


Peanut Butter S'mores Granola Bars | www.somethingswanky.com
Ham & Cheese Tortillas- Skip the bread, Wrap a slice of ham and cheese in a yummy tortilla

Small water bottles and enhancer 
Just get the small 8 oz bottles of water. Add your favorite water enhancer or mix. Mio, Sustain, tang or crystal Light.


Use snack sized bags! Buying foods in small packaging can be expensive.  Try buying in bulk and sizing it down to what you need. 


  Use Bento boxes to keep meals cold. Use them for salads, meats or sandwiches.

Prepare your fruits or veggies Sunday night and they are ready to go all week! 

And don't forget the Cookies and Milk when they get home!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...