Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Painted Pull Back Cars {Kid Craft}

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Painted Pull Back Cars {Kid Craft}


With summer in full swing I often find my kids bored to tears with nothing to do except watch T.V. and play video games.    So I love to find a fun craft for them that fits all ages.  So today I am sharing my painted pull back cars. We made these a while ago and my kids loved it.  They painted for an hour or so then spend the afternoon racing there cars.  A perfect activity when you are trying to beat the heat or stuck inside.  



I started with a 6 piece pack of pull back cars from the party store in the party favor section.  I think they were $2.99. Next I picked up some $1 nail polish from Sally beauty supply.  These little bottles are the perfect size and come in tones of colors.  Even metallics.


Next lay down a paper towel or plastic table cloth you don't care about.


Then let them go to town and paint there racer any way they want.


My little Miss loved painting them and so did my 2 year old  With a little supervision of course.


When they are all done, let them dry for 5- 10 minutes.  Then race away! During the summer use sidewalk chalk to make a raceway outside or in the winter use masking tape on a hard floor.  Your kids will have tons of fun playing together!

My kids had a blast painting a racing.  These kept my kids occupied for a few hours and let there imaginations get to work.  The great thing is we have plenty of nail polish to do it again.  


3 comments:

  1. ha--fun! I had to click over because I just bought a bunch of pull back cars to use in an engineering class I'm teaching...and I have no idea what I'll do with all of them afterwards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a totally great and easy idea! I am totally pinning this because I think it will work great as a project to do at my son's "car" themed birthday party I am planning!!

    I'd love it if you shared these on our link up this week!
    http://www.sowderingabout.com/2013/08/on-display-monday-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just GENIUS! My girl would even love this! If you have any desserts you love, we'd love for you to come over to our newest link party over at The Inspiration Network: DELISH- a desserts only link party. Bring your desserts and let's party!!
    http://theinspiration-network.com/delish-dessert-link-party-no-1/

    Smiles,
    Melanie {Reasons To Skip The Housework} and Diana {The Girl Creative}
    The Inspiration Network

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...