Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: How to make The Perfect Whipped Cream

Monday, January 13, 2014

How to make The Perfect Whipped Cream

As a little girl my granny always made homemade whipped cream.  I really didn't even know about artificial whip topping. Fast forward to my engagement.  For my very first Thanksgiving away from home, my husband and I ate at his parent house.  When they pulled out the pie the family threw a tub of artificial whip topping on the table.  Now I am not opposed to this stuff but on Thanksgiving the real stuff is in order, Right? When I asked for whip cream they replied  its on the table.  I died a little inside.  Pumpkin pie should only be served with REAL whipped cream. 
Fast forward to today.  I decided that it was time to share a few tips for amazing Whipped Cream. Just like grandma makes.


Heavy Whipping cream
Sugar
Vanilla

Start with a chilled bowl. This one is super important.  I like to stick my bowl in the fridge or freezer for about an hour before I make my cream.  When you chill your bowl your cream whips up faster and stays stiff longer. 

Start whipping your cream. After about a minute or so add your sugar and vanilla.  Add sugar and vanilla according to taste. For a half quart I usually add about a tablespoon of sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla. 
Continue whipping until the whip cream starts to make small peaks.

If you have to store in the refrigerator use a fork to whip your cream a bit before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...