Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Let it Snow...Snowballs Recipe and Blog Hop

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Let it Snow...Snowballs Recipe and Blog Hop

I have teamed up today for our monthly blog hop to share with you a little snow.  
So way back when I was a little sprout my grandma use to make these yummy little desserts every Christmas.  She made dozens of them and delivered them to here neighbors and family.  I loved them.  And then I grew up and life happened and she stopped making them.   So about 8 years ago I asked every member of my extended family what there favorite "grandma" recipes were.  You know you all have those favorite recipes that Grandmas makes, right? Well the Snowball recipe was revived. I compiled the recipes and made a cook book of all grannies recipes. Each m;ember of my family has a cookbook.  Most of them still use the cookbook at least once a week.  

So move forward 8 years, I am finally getting around to making these yummy little treats!  They truly are to die for.  My cute little neighbor calls them Hawaiian Snowballs.  They are delicious!  Check out my post on how to make these for your next party or just because they are so good.

snowball dessert via www.freetimefrolics.com #recipe #dessert
Snowball Dessert Recipe



 1 box Nilla wafers
1C. Crushed  and drained Pineapple
6T. Butter
egg yolk
1/2 C. Chopped Nuts
Pinch of salt
Egg white (whipped)
21/2 C. Sweetened coconut
4 cups whipped cream (already whipped)
Combine sugar, egg yolk, butter, pineapple, nuts. Whip egg white until white and fluffy.  Fold egg white into sugar mixture. Your mixture may be a bit runny, this is okay. 
Now you layer your mixture and Nilla wafers.
Wafer 
1 T. mixture
Wafer 
1 T. mixture
Wafer
Let your cookie layers sit, covered and refrigerated on a cookie sheet over night. About 10-12 hours. 
Whip your whip cream- do not use cool whip- your cookies should be stiff. Hold them between your thumb and fore finger and "frost" them around the sides.  Set on a plate and frost the top.  Then sprinkle with coconut.  Use a knife and slide the snowball onto a serving plate or place in a cupcake wrapper.  Add a half a maraschino cherry and your are ready to go.  Makes approximately 24 snowballs! 



For more snow inspired blog posts check out some of my friends.  They are amazing!

Snow Inspired Decor by Melissa from Hollyhocks & Honeybees Snowflake Craft by Kaylynn from Among the Young Snowball Recipe by Adrienne from Free Time Frolics How to Run in Cold Weather by Andie from Maybe I Will Organizing Winter Gear by Candice from She's Crafty Getting the Most out of your Leggings by Ashley & Meegan from Flats to Flip Flops Snow Wreath by Emily of The Benson Street


10 comments:

  1. Looks good, thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I'm a huge fan of these babies - Definitely have to try....I don't LOVE pineapple - would you suggest I just omit that or can you think of something yummy I could substitute??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! what a fun treat. My daughter was begging me to get Nilla wafters the other day, so maybe this would be a fun treat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look delish! I love tried and true family recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I love making my Grammy's and by husband's Grandma's recipes.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...