Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Homemade Knock Off Peanut Butter Twix Bars {Recipe}

Friday, May 9, 2014

Homemade Knock Off Peanut Butter Twix Bars {Recipe}

Homemade Peanut Butter Twix www.freetimefrolics.com #recipe


I am a total kid of the 80's.  Neon, Cyndi Lauper, Garbage Pail Kids and Cabbage Patch Dolls.  I remember it all.  There were so many foods I loved that are no longer on the market.Some of you may have remembered the Mars company had 4 kinds of Twix Bars.  Caramel, Peanut Butter, Cookies and Cream and Chocolate.  All of them are super delicious.  But, over time they slowly pulled each from the market except the caramel. So recently I started having a hankering for the Peanut Butter Twix. So I started thinking how could I make those. Then a wonderful company Chocoley, contacted me and asked if I wanted to try there products.  I jumped at the opportunity.  After checking out their products I thought this was the perfect opportunity to make my homemade Peanut Butter Twix.


I used this Shortbread Recipe  to make the base of the Twix bar. If someone already had a great recipe I don't need to remake it! These babies are buttery smooth and have a great crunch.  I placed the dough in a large pan lined with parchment paper. Roll the dough to about 1/4 inch. I sliced the dough to be 1 inch by 5 inch strips before baking. Bake according to directions. Let them cool before adding filling. 

For the filling I used a Peanut butter candy filling from Chocoley.   You have to try this stuff. Its crazy good. I love that they come already to roll and go. I comes in a plastic container ready to eat. And seriously people you could just eat this stuff with a spoon!

I used about 1tablespoon of filling and rolled them into a snake. Place it on top of one of your shortbread cookies. I pressed it down a bit to make sure it was sticking to the shortbread and to give it a flatter look. If you love the fillign part the best,  use a little more.  It's up to you!

For my last step I melted down some delicious milk chocolate. With Chocoley's milk chocolate you don't have to temper your chocolate. It just melts perfect and drizzles on great.  I placed the cookies back on the parchment. I used a spoon to drizzle the chocolate on top of the shortbread and peanut butter.  
Let the chocolate set and cool before packaging.

I whipped up these lovelies and gave them to my Young Women for an activity.  They were awesome.  A few of the girls questioned if they should eat them or not.  But once they had one bite there is no going back! They are yummy!
You could make these in any flavor you can imagine! Chocoley has a bunch of candy creme centers on there site, just ready to roll up and dip.  Making holiday candy just got a ton easier for making homemade chocolates!
So you followers of the 80's, what was your favorite treat that no longer exists? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...