Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Homemade Whole Wheat Tortillas Recipe

Monday, May 12, 2014

Homemade Whole Wheat Tortillas Recipe


whole wheat tortillas www.freetimefrolics.com #healthyeating #recipe #coconutoil


A few weeks ago I was planning an activity for a few of my young women.  I decided to teach the girls how to make Creme Brulee and Homemade Tortillas.  The Creme Brulee was to die for and I loved to tortillas.  At the time I was getting ready to start my 21 day fix.  So I wanted to make the tortilla recipe a little healthier so I went to work trying a few different things and came up with this delicious recipe. I used wheat flour and coconut oil to healthy them up. 



Flour Tortillas
1 1/2 C. Whole wheat flour
2T. Vital Wheat Gluten
2 T. Coconut Oil
1/2 C. Warm Water
1/4 t. Sea Salt
1/4 t. Baking Soda

Mix flour and salt. Add oil and warm water, stirring to combine.  Dump dough out and knead for about 2-3 minutes until dough is smooth. Let dough rest for 20 minutes.  Divide dough into 7 equal pieces.   Press and cook with tortilla press (or you can use a rolling pin and skillet). Cook until lightly brown and dough is light in color.

To make Wheat Thin Crackers divide your dough into to 8 pieces and cook them slightly longer. Use them for dips or salsa.

whole wheat dipping chips www.freetimefrolics.com #recipe #homemade


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...