Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Snap Re-Cap and a free Printable

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Snap Re-Cap and a free Printable


A few weeks ago I attended SNAP! Conference.  A Blog conference for Craft and DIY bloggers.  The weekend conference is is filled with amazing Sponsors, classes to teach you just about anything related to blogging and networking with an amazing group of bloggers. To say this conference was amazing this year is an understatement. To recap my thoughts and experiences I have documented it here and made a free printable to share will all of you,  So please read on and enjoy the printable!

Over the course of 3 days I stayed up late like I was a college girl, ate delicious food I didn't have to make, made new friends, hugged old friends and partied like it was 1985. I got to meet one of my favorite people.  He even held my hand. Eeekk! Alex Boye' is amazing. His story, his dance moves and even his bald head.  


I learned so much about myself, blogging and where I want to be. My favorite part was meeting Noelle Pikus- Pace. I look up to here and what she believes in.  I actually had a foot in mouth experience meeting her.  It goes like this:

While waiting in line for dinner I decided to put my self out there.  So I see this beautiful woman standing next to me in line. I figured she was a fashion blogger. 
Me:  Hi, My name is Adrienne. How are you doing?
Noelle:  Hi it's nice to meet you I am Noelle.  
Me:  So what is your blog?
Noelle:  Well I don't have a blog.  I am the key not speaker tonight.
Me:  (Choking on my foot) I am so sorry.  It is so nice to meet you.  I have been looking forward to tonight.  I think you are an amazing example to girls all over the world.  
Noelle:  You are just fine.  It's nice to meet you.   (Seeing my phone in my hand) would you like a picture?
Me:  (Head nodding) Yes please , I would love one!  
I searched frantically to find someone to hand my phone to.   So here I am standing next to Noelle Pikus- Pace.  I could not believe how tall she is.  I am 5'9 and she was in heels but still.  I can't believe I was able to meet her in person.
I really had no idea what she looked like.  I had only seen her silver medal run on you tube and while she in her skeleton gear.  I totally made myself look like a total nerd. But she was so nice! 


This picture is my screen saver on my phone.  I will never forget this moment. 

As Noelle spoke, I felt inspired by her story of triumph, trials and love. She shared how she got into the sport of Skeleton and why she loved it.  She shared of and accident on a run one day.  While on the run, heading into a curve she  looked up.  But up, was not where she wanted to go.  But that is where she looked.  Right up until she crashed on the run. That taught her a valuable lesson. 



Noelle continued her story about her horrific accident leading to injuries and missing the Olympics in 2011. And how she wanted to go for the 2014 Olympics. She knew where she wanted to go and the road it would take to get there. I admire her drive to be her best, her commitment to her family and to her beliefs.  She is such an amazing example to everyone.

She inspired  me want to be my best self. And to ask myself  where do I want to go?  Where do I want to be in the future?  What do I want for my kids?  

So I whipped up this printable to remind me.  Of where I want to go.  Whether you want an education, a specific job, to be an Olympian, You have a beginning point and an end point. So everything you do in the middle needs to get you to the end point.  Because if you know where  you want to be then you have a very clear path to get there.
Which comes back to me.  I am still trying to figure out my path.  It becomes a little more clear every day.  Attending this amazing conference has given me a little perspective, a clearer path and amazing friends to join me on my journey.  I hope you will follow to! 


To print my "Where you Look" Printable please right click the image and save it to your computer.  You can then print it as an 8x10.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...