Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Home Made for the Holidays: Day 11: Stockings and Wrapping

Monday, November 21, 2011

Home Made for the Holidays: Day 11: Stockings and Wrapping


Stockings have been a tradition for decades. And there are lots of theories about why we do it. Whatever your reason it is a loved tradition.

Stockings are so hard sometimes. I like to have fun sensible things in my kiddos stockings. Some are traditions that I have had since Iwas a kid others are new things we have added as our family has grown.
Here is a list of things I like to use.


1. Pudding snack: I like to use this because if you open presents one at a time like I did as a kid you get really hungry. At one time for a few years there were 10 of us. We had a yours, mine and ours family. Christmas morning went on for hours. Pudding taste good and it give your your milk. LOL. I guess.
Pudding Cups, Vanilla

2. Orange or Raspberry chocolate sticks. By Sweets Candy. I love these things. They usually cost about $3 and fill the stocking. For as long as I can remember I have gotten these little beauties for Christmas. Now as a mom I do the same for my kids. They love them too. On a side note: If you live in Salt Lake City you can go on a tour of the Sweets candy factory located in West Valley. You can buy these yummy treats in Bulk and other treats. ie. Chocolate covered Cinnamon Bears. If you haven't had one, You must try. They are delightful.

3. Gift cards: My boys are hitting the age that they want a choice in the things they want. This year its the app store.



4. Dollar Store items: I like cheap easy toys, that I don't care if I throw them away a month later. Walmart has a selection of $1 toys and activities. That prove to be pretty goods and the kids enjoy them. 

5. Electric Tooth Brushes: I love to buy electric tooth brushes for Christmas. My kids love them but sometimes they can be a bit pricey. So for Christmas I splurge a little bit. My kids like getting them because they are electric and usually there favorite super hero or character and they get a new toothbrush that makes mom happy. All is good in the world.

6. Head phones: I like the idea of head phones. They are small. Can be inexpensive if you want. And when there video game of MP3 player is to loud. They have there very own pair of headphones to use.

7. Oranges. Every year for Christmas I woke up to an orange in the toe of my stocking. Another yummy treat to eat when opening gifts. These also go great as a gift to a neighbor or to kids given along with the book the Christmas Orange. It was written by a lady I knew as a child. A very sweet story.
Christmas Oranges


Here are a few more links to other stocking options.  Lots of things to choose from.  I hope your holiday season is filled with family, friends, good food and lots of lovign memories!

For Wrapping those beautiful gifts head on over to:
My Sister's Suitcase
for some fantastic ideas and a giveaway.
Don't forget our other giveaways.  Here is the List.

Don't forget to come back tomorrow for our Family tradions link party.  We have a fantastic prize to one lucky winner.  A  gift pack from Pick Your Plum. A suprise box your going to love!
Be sure to come back and bring a few friends with you!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...